Thank christ for the french

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Machristo, Jan 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They want their own FAMAS to look the sexiest

2. Crikey! Aren't you glad you don't have to do 'The naming of parts' in French?

3. Sacre bleu,mon dieu et bonne de douche! Rodney.

4. You've got to give it to Chirac today though, with his "Mess with France and we'll nuke ya!" speech....

It's the only language they understand!

5. They never get it right. The didn’t invent French Knickers, French Fries or the French Letter. Their most recent invention has been the re-writing of history of their part in WW11. :wink:

6. The weapon detailed is a 4.85mm Individual Weapon, the SA80 Prototype.....

Its the next step on from the EM2 Rifle.

True though, the french havnt got a clue

7. we all know what it is m8, but the fact of the matter is, it is not and has never been, a service weapon, nevermind in the SA80 family.

8. I notice at le top of le page there is a flash ad for The Biggest Walt Gathering UK (War and Peace Show, Beltring Hop Farm)....

9. My french is quite dodgy but I think I read the handgaurd or forestock is made of, er no sniggering class, bakelite? WTF!

10. It's NOT the next step on from the EM2, the SA80 design is actually a bastardised AR18 action and nothing to do with the 50's design, which admittedly does look similar zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,etc.

Look it up on the intermaweb thingy, I can't be arrsed to repeat myself.

Does this mean I'm becoming less spotterish, or more intolerant? I know which one my money's on...

Edited for extra pedantry.

11. Bring back the SLR, you knew where you were with them.

12. Absolutely! a nice 35mm Single Lens Reflex, with tripod and outrageously large flash gun, it's the only thing they understand.

13. Thank you for that -- I had drafted a response along the same lines but decided that somebody else should post it first!

The only similarity between the SA80 and EM2 is that they are both bullpups.