Thalidomide and the Nazs?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chocolate_frog, Nov 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apprently there is a link between thalidomide and the Nazis... which is interesting to some.

But what I am more interested in is why compensation for the (now adult) Thalidomide Babies would be increased if a link tothe Nazi's various medical programmes was found?

Why would this afffect the amounts?

BBC News - What's happened to Thalidomide babies?

2. Thalidomide and the Nazs? Weren't they a punk band?

• Like Like x 3
  3. A ******* tenuous one if it does exist Thalidomide was the 1960's, I'm no David Starkey but I believe the Nazis stopped membership contributions c1945.

4. It was prescribed in the 1950s. When pregnant with me in 1958 my mother was prescribed it to counteract violent morning sickness but took it once only as she had suspicions. Fortunately for me. I remember a trip to Germany in the early 60s and seeing several victims my age which is when my mother told me that could have been me if not for her intuition.

5. Ridiculous. How could they salute without arms?

• Like Like x 5
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

So let me get this straight.....
    A french company was under Nazi control during the war then took on an ex Nazi scientist,shortly before patenting the drug 5 years after the Nazi's decamped to Argentina.
    Shouldn't the French be more to blame?

Given that the Germans are refusing to pay Greece back a reported 90 Billion Euro's they nicked during the war do we really think they'll pay out for the flakiest link?

7. Made press up training shorter, so not all bad then.

8. None of this rubbish, either;

[​IMG]

9. elbows?

10. Beer guts, all that putsching doesn't do itself you know.

11. I went out with a Female called Beerguts in Germany, no wait... think she was called Beirgate, was a was i big old plumper I recollect, normal arms though.

12. Don't worry about the Krauts and the Frogs paying out, give it another couple of days and someone will blame British Imperialism and CMD will stand up (or his best effort at it) in parliament wring his hands, say how sorry we all are and stump up more tax payers dosh.

13. I see what you did there ....

14. Well done, I wondered how long it would take.