Thailand, Phuket next week anyone ther up for a drink?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by bokkatankie, Sep 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I will be in Phuket, Kata Beach next week. Never done an ARRSE get together but anyone up for it I am!

Suggest Wednesday as a good night no idea which bar but I am sure locals know the score.
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Top idea, let's organise a piss up 2 continents away with only a week's notice.

Anyone fancy smoking a little skunk with me in Rio de Janeiro tomorrow night?
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Kata beach is it? Karon is better and less crowded. At Kata the locals are mostly fat Germans and obnoxious Russians and a bunch of rice burners. They are to 'knowing the score' what Adolf Hitler was to low fat yogurt.

If nobody turns up hook a TukTuk over to Ka Jok See in Takua Po in old Phuket town. Tell them the Lovely Iron Duke sent you. And pick up the £20 the bastards owe me.

That said, there is a canny Reggae bar right up the left hand end of Kata (as you face the sea), under the cliffs. If you happen by, ask the ******* for the £20 they owe me? And tell them to get a ******* haircut. Cheers.
  4. Bokka - drop me a pm if you are in Bangers.
    Phuket is pretty grim nowadays, let alone in the rainy season.
    Have fun debt collecting for His Grace.
  5. Visited Phuket in 2003 or 4... maybe 2.

Wasn't it washed away in the tsunami? Has it changed much?

There is a courtyard in where there are about 20 little bars (market stall style) where the girls will play daft games lke ludo and snap and what not with you whilst you drink.

Don't go to the boxing bouts in the pubs... they are prety much all staged and the boxers come around to get money. Go to the boxing arena, complete with Mos Eisly Canteena style band during the fisty and footy cuffs.
  6. We all know Phuket is pronounced as FOOKIT, and only because the resort down the road is called "Bollox to this"
  7. Just got back from Cape Panwa. Enjoy.
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Just over the road from the beach? I used to love that place. Posh Bird would be deep into teaching the bar girls how to do proper French Nails and I would be teaching them the three card trick. All quietly giggling when some fat German **** waddled in looking for a shag.

There is a canny Lookout Bar up the road south - the furthest one does some mean reggae. Good for watching the sunset. **** knows what it is with the Thais at Kata and reggae. It is not like Trenchtown is next door, is it?
  9. I'd not go back to Phuket, there's much nicer places. I was tucked away at Sala resort but driving around Phuket it's not so good.
  10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Ironically, the Missus is flying back to Siam on Monday, but I'm staying here this time to save a bit of dough. Not been back this year, and kind of missing it. Might try to get out there before rainy season 2013.

Enioy yourself!
  11. Keep sending money like the rest of her boyfriends do.
    • Like Like x 1

12. JJH managed it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crapatalk and a head dobber
  13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Stay away from Cocktails and Dreams on Bangla rd!!
  14. As long as its bush weed and not that nasty hydro shit.
  15. Cant you hack village life in Isaan???