Thai Immigration solution

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Top military commanders have denied mistreating any of the Rohingyas, but testimony from exhausted survivors who washed up in India and Indonesia have given a very different picture. They say they were packed onto boats with no motors, then set adrift on the high seas with little food or water.
Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has assured them illegal migrants will be treated humanely, but he appears to have little control over how the military deals with them.
I wonder if it involved handing out a basket of fruit, free money and the keys to a nice house? No? Okay then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7846570.stm

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Mr_Deputy said:
oh .....if only we could send them back into the channel. except best if we can guarantee they'll land back in France/Spain and not clog up the shipping lanes.
Them there be very busy shipping lanes, jim lad! Arrgh! Don't imagine a small, unpowered boat would last too long against a ferry or a container ship....

Don't gloat too much. By this time next year it might be us trying to sneak into a foreign country for economic reasons.

The title reminds me of another solution. Granted it was 60 odd years ago and it nearly worked.

smartascarrots said:
Don't gloat too much. By this time next year it might be us trying to sneak into a foreign country for economic reasons.
That isn't fooking funny.
Dangerously close to the mark and definately on my mind :(

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
We'll all be crying like babies when we find out that the UK was the ONLY country in the world that was offering free bed, board, food, money, cars, mobile phones and the like to immigrants, and that nobody is going to offer desperate British emigrants a rotten sausage. Welcome to the real world.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
devilish said:
The title reminds me of another solution. Granted it was 60 odd years ago and it nearly worked.
The title does not reflect what I think should or will happen in the UK. It merely reflects the 'serious' attitude many/most other countries apply when applying their Immigration Laws, rather than our Immigration suggestions that masquerade as laws. Not that they ever resemble laws.