Thai cave rescue operation

I think it's inevitable punitive damages are awarded as it seems his 'new' information about Vernon Unsworth's g/f and that he went to Thailand "for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time" was based on being told she looked 16 and they'd been together for seven years, while she's actually 40.

The only question, which will be interesting if it goes to court, is what's 'punitive' for someone with $20 billion or so ....

Whatever might be awarded will in no way be considered ‘punitive’ to a person of that net worth.

Sadly in this case he is invulnerable and will get away with saying whatever he likes. No possible fine would be of any concern to him.

Whatever might be awarded will in no way be considered ‘punitive’ to a person of that net worth.

Sadly in this case he is invulnerable and will get away with saying whatever he likes. No possible fine would be of any concern to him.
I think you're right, and I doubt it will go to court, but there's always hope.

You are absolutely right, only a tiny scratch on a huge balance. Won’t even be noticed, unless given a huge amount, 100’s of millions, but that’s not going to happen.

It’s a pity he couldn’t be given community service, and be forced to work his fingers to the bone!

MB

I reckon a few million to the bloke, a few mil to a charity of the bloke's choice and ten free kicks in the bollocks.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

I'm a little lost why he's only asking for $75,000 particularly in the US. I doubt it'll ever go to court for that, and I don't want to speculate, but it's odd to only ask for a trifling amount for repeated accusations.
If he really is only asking for 75k, Elon would actually be offended by the amount and will counter sue him back asking him to sue him for a higher amount.

I'm a little lost why he's only asking for $75,000 particularly in the US. I doubt it'll ever go to court for that, and I don't want to speculate, but it's odd to only ask for a trifling amount for repeated accusations.
I think it's quite canny to ask for so little (relative to the wealth of Mr Musk). It prevents Mr Musk's defence from claiming that the caver is suing to try to take advantage of Mr Musk's wealth. It establishes the case as relating to clearing the caver's name.

If he really is only asking for 75k, Elon would actually be offended by the amount and will counter sue him back asking him to sue him for a higher amount.
Yup, I can't help wondering if a zero or two have been missed out.
I think it's quite canny to ask for so little (relative to the wealth of Mr Musk). It prevents Mr Musk's defence from claiming that the caver is suing to try to take advantage of Mr Musk's wealth. It establishes the case as relating to clearing the caver's name.
Doesn't matter if the defence claim that or not - that's completely irrelevant. All it seems to establish is that, if correct, he doesn't seem to put much value on his name.

If he wanted to show it wasn't about money he could always say the damages would go to charity, so it seems either odd or a mistake.

I understand, from the BBC, that he is seeking USD75,000 plus unspecified punitive damages, and an apology.

"The lawsuit seeks $75,000 (£57,000) in compensation and an injunction against Mr Musk to stop further allegations.

The filing also says Mr Unsworth is seeking "punitive damages" as well as the compensation, "to punish him for his wrongdoing and deter him from repeating such heinous conduct".

I understand, from the BBC, that he is seeking USD75,000 plus unspecified punitive damages, and an apology.

"The lawsuit seeks $75,000 (£57,000) in compensation and an injunction against Mr Musk to stop further allegations.

The filing also says Mr Unsworth is seeking "punitive damages" as well as the compensation, "to punish him for his wrongdoing and deter him from repeating such heinous conduct".
Thank you - that makes far more sense. Just a case of bad / incomplete reporting.

I think it's inevitable punitive damages are awarded as it seems his 'new' information about Vernon Unsworth's g/f and that he went to Thailand "for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time" was based on being told she looked 16 and they'd been together for seven years, while she's actually 40.

The only question, which will be interesting if it goes to court, is what's 'punitive' for someone with $20 billion or so ....
$ 20 billion or so.... Take the lot.

Breaking news that, prior to finding the boys, the two British lead divers Stanton and Volanthen had found four Thai workers (not cavers or divers) from a water company, presumably attempting to pump water out, who had become trapped by the rising waters in cave 3 (later the 'half-way' stop) and rescued them on the spot.

Amazing that it had gone completely unreported and is still unreported in the mainstream media, as it was potentially a more dangerous rescue for the divers than the rescue of the boys. Well worth reading.