Thai bomb disposal expert escapes car blast

I like the little woo hoo arms up gesture afterwards....at least I like to think that is what it was.

I suspect he was checking that A his arms were still in place and that B they still worked.

The doors were open so the blast was not as contained had they been closed. Still his protection suit did its job very well the only damage it sustained being the huge skid mark in the trouser backside.

When he gets back to base, do you think he'll have, a martini Shaken not Stirred ??

Really? Care to regale us with your expertise?

Maybe you could suggest a render safe procedure.
In all fairness for us non bomb disposal types, it was standard S.O.P. not to open car doors. You always got the car owner to open them. That included the bonnett and the boot as well. You also stood a yard or 2 behind the guy when he was doing it. If the owner wasn't there, you didn't touch the motor. Of course you got the occasional idiot, we had one in the shape of a lieutenant who sometimes ignored the rule and occasionally tried the doors on parked up motors. He was very quickly the only soldier there when he was seen to be walking intentionally towards a suspicious car.

Of course the situation here is different. It was a car bomb and he is a bomb disposal expert. How you people sort that out is your side of the business and of course, it's over 30 years since I last saw Felix working and that was from quite a distance away.

it's over 30 years since I last saw Felix working and that was from quite a distance away.
Thats the best way. ****. That. Shit.

Those geezers deserve every medal they get. I just prefer to collect mine myself.

It seems that the device only partially functioned. If you look at the stills you can see a brown and white dust cloud, this is the home made explosive (HME). Most HME is hygroscopic (absorbs moisture) and it doesn't need to absorb much before it's capability is severly reduced.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Good suit that Common pro getting civillians to do the door handle and bonnet bit. I didn't believe it until uncles motor was pinched and dumped beside well known police station in west belfast. Uncle in bad, bad form rings parent to ask if I'm at home and if I am could I drive to the location. Favourite uncle so no problem and up we go. Drop the motor and walk in to where every one is standing. Uncle is blowing fuses
How longs it been here?
Don't know.
Anything in it?
Don't know
Has it been checked?
Still waiting...
And off he goes marches staright up to it and hauls on the door handle. As the door opens I swear everyone is crouching down behind wagons going 'OOOh F......k'
Nothing. He jumps in reverses up to poor sod. Calls him all the useless fatherless sons of the day and tears off home with the line. 'Don't try to chase me'.
I stick around to thank those involved and tear off to his house looking for signs of exploded Fiat along the way.
It was the next day before he had realised what he'd done, Still angry though.

It seems that the device only partially functioned. If you look at the stills you can see a brown and white dust cloud, this is the home made explosive (HME). Most HME is hygroscopic (absorbs moisture) and it doesn't need to absorb much before it's capability is severly reduced.
Definitely
The clip also shows a couple of modified gas cylinders(bomb casings?) that hadn't exploded. If the bomb HAD functioned as intended, then the guy would have had no chance.