Thai Army All those pinkies concern

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rta1985, Jan 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Infantry - Red
    Artillery - Yellow
    Engineers - Black
    Signals - Purple
    Cavalry - Light Blue
    Aviation - Sky Blue
    Police - Carmine
    Medical - Green
    Supply - Salmon Pink

Adopted by King Rama V so that command would be easily given during the good old days. It then became shoulder boards and cap band during World War 1 for an obvious reason which the French didn't figure it out why they're men are bing shot from a far because they are wearing blue and red uniform. I agree with the shamble state of the Signal corps and I shall report the shamble state of this group the High command wouldn't be please. The even in the wrong pace!

One the RTAF (Royal Thai Air Force) is created one more colour join in

Aviation - Sky Blue
    And yes they are not bearskin they are these plumed helmet same with the cavalry but different form of holdings inside.

Attached Files:

2. Oh my life, I didn't imagine starting my new year trying to decipher whatever the fcuk you've just typed. Maybe someone from Bletchley Hall can help.

I would say "it's amazing what they don't teach in school" but as your user name says 1985 I'm guessing your 21. Maybe you should start again at week 1 day 1.

3. And you should learn to count if born in 1985 he would be 22

4. Erm, good point. And if he was born on 1st Jan he's be 23.

5. Well I thought it intresting and informative, anyway.

I wouldn't want to be a stacker in their mob. Pink is so not my colour. That's a point; what colour's a stacker in the RTAF then? Sky blue with a pink stripe?

6. Now now girls, play nice.

7. I recommend pink with sky blue polka dots. Think we can introduce that for ours? :p

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Introduce? Fairly typical Subaltern dress surely?

9. I believe rta1985, refers to a very very nasty Road Traffic Accident (should really be Collision) in 1985, where he suffered a serious head injury.
    I do note however, that in his world, Engineers are still bloody black, FFS.

10. Guys maybe I'm taking the bait, hook line and sinker, but living in Thailand I think I recognise the english as the kind written by Thais and also am making an educated guess that rta is in fact Royal Thai Army.

11. Well, I thought it was a good post. Thanks for that RTA.

I live next door, so get to watch the Thai news a lot, and always wondered what those different coloured "bearskins" were all about.

12. What is the real name for the colour for the Police. Carmine, is that a colour?

13. And I thought Carmine was a play.