TGIF...anybody got any weekend plans??

Sadly Saturday will be spent driving 300 miles to take wife and mother-in-law [86] to see her terminally ill son; so laughs all round there. Sunday will hopefully be more relaxed and will finish with watching the Patriots defeat the Chargers in the worst blizzard in NE history [because that's the only way I think we can win]. Preparation will then commence for the resumption of UK college and women's football seasons after the Christmas break.

Oh it's usually more, much much more. Often stuff I have loads of anyway, cheese and port are always high on the 'pissed shopping' list.

My favourite (check the spelling...) was the purchase of a nice waistcoat that I'd never have bought sober, but it's had (and having) a good innings.
I might have to try your method one day. Sadly we are pretty hooked on the online shopping and grocery pick up method. It helps the budget immensely, and keeps me out of the store!

I have to ask, why move the cat?
teenage daughters cat* - she doesn't want him left at the old house.

I've had to inter/disinter much worse

*He was dead before we buried him

Do the Uni kids get a Spring Break?
He'll be on his xmas break/holiday at the moment - mine had a month off and went back last friday.

Spring break is called easter break/holiday in the UK and lasts for around 2 weeks.

My weekend will involve putting the finishing touches to my new kitchen, cooking a couple of recipes from the brilliant books by Gino D'Acampo, drinking too much, play testing the latest release of Star Citizen. And hopefully knocking a few clays out of the sky with my 13yr old daughter so she can get used to her new gun.

Sadly Saturday will be spent driving 300 miles to take wife and mother-in-law [86] to see her terminally ill son; so laughs all round there. Sunday will hopefully be more relaxed and will finish with watching the Patriots defeat the Chargers in the worst blizzard in NE history [because that's the only way I think we can win]. Preparation will then commence for the resumption of UK college and women's football seasons after the Christmas break.
Sorry to hear mate, how awful for MIL to know ones son is dying. Hope it goes as well as it can.

you're a prince among men. remember to hose off the shovel!
he's been there 18 months so it won't be too bad and I left a spade at the old house when we moved out. It's staying there too

teenage daughters cat* - she doesn't want him left at the old house.

I've had to inter/disinter much worse

*He was dead before we buried him
I wish the previous owners of my property did that, I was digging trenches to install drainage tile and found a pony skeleton with the remains of a quilt on it, creepy as fcuk......

My weekend will involve putting the finishing touches to my new kitchen, cooking a couple of recipes from the brilliant books by Gino D'Acampo, drinking too much, play testing the latest release of Star Citizen. And hopefully knocking a few clays out of the sky with my 13yr old daughter so she can get used to her new gun.
That sounds promising! What did she get?

Knocking off from the job I am now regretting taking, then a weekend as AR, because I can't let go of the green sh1t. Dull week dull weekend

Sorry to hear mate, how awful for MIL to know ones son is dying. Hope it goes as well as it can.
Thanks, I agree losing your kids has to be the worst thing. Sadly there are risks it won't go well; they are like magnetic poles and have not always got on.

I wish the previous owners of my property did that, I was digging trenches to install drainage tile and found a pony skeleton with the remains of a quilt on it, creepy as fcuk......
Top notch compost though, I bet things grow well in that patch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
viceroy Miscellaneous Jokes 3
I The NAAFI Bar 30
E The NAAFI Bar 3