Text to save a life??

So I'm on the train home and there's an Amnesty Int poster
"A young couple face stoning for sleeping together.........will you send a text?"

Apparently some people live in places where extramarital shagging can get you stoned to death. But, here's the thing I didn't realise, I can stop it by sending a text. Yes, really, just me sending a text is apparently going to stop innocent love making couples getting offed.
If only I'd known it was that simple.

Just think if texting had been around in 1939, we could have prevented WW2, just by texting "No to Nazis"

spaz

LE
That's not a bad idea and with a bit of adaptation I can see a credible business plan.

Text 98543 now to kill a puppy!

I've sent a txt to get the ride, but not sure I could be bothered to save someones life. Hay Ho.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Reminds me of the story of Bono in Glasgow during U2 concert.
Bono clicking fingers "every time I click my finger another child in Afrika dies"
Well stop f&^%ing doing it then"

ACAB

LE
That's not a bad idea and with a bit of adaptation I can see a credible business plan.

Text 98543 now to kill a puppy!
That needs adapting.

Try 'Text 98543 NOW or I will kill a puppy'

And make every text cost a fiver. That'll work.

"A young couple face stoning for sleeping together.........will you send a text?"

Apparently some people live in places where extramarital shagging can get you stoned to death. But, here's the thing I didn't realise, I can stop it by sending a text. Yes, really, just me sending a text is apparently going to stop innocent love making couples getting offed.

Just think if texting had been around in 1939, we could have prevented WW2, just by texting "No to Nazis"
If everybody texted the executioner he'd get nothing done. Same with Neville Chamberlain, if everybody had texted him on 3rd September 1939 he'd never have got around to declaring war on Germany. But not while driving folks.

Good to know that texting can have such a far-reaching effect.

Almost as good as adding a hash tag to a sentence and posting it on twitter - '#bring our girls home' - the Nigerian school girls kidnapped by Boko Haram will be eternally grateful for the power of social media.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Camm1

LE

Your wife likes to know when you are on your way home ;-)

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
There's one appeared in York.
This time it's a teenager who will be executed - will you send a text?
Sent one straight away to me mum.
She's ok and another life saved.

Saw one of these but had no credit on my phone so sent a letter by second class post !! Same as isn't it ?

There's one appeared in York.
This time it's a teenager who will be executed - will you send a text?
Sent one straight away to me mum.
She's ok and another life saved.
How old are you? Or is 'mum' your pet word for the lassies in the basement?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
How old are you? Or is 'mum' your pet word for the lassies in the basement?
"Mum" is the pet word for my "mum" funny enough.
Assuming that you actually know your mother what do you call her?

Sure.

"Good luck!!"

"Bet you feel a right mong now you've been caught breaking your own cultural rules."

"In Pakistan they say a stoning hurts less when you pretend to be a football star, head butting the stones out of the way when they come in."

Come on, what text would you send?

Latest Threads