Text Speak-A Warning.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maninblack, Aug 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

This forum will not tolerate text speak from juvenile 12 year olds. Use the language as she is spoken or written. We do not deduct points for poor spelling etc but if you type in text speak we will delete your message.

For those too thick to understand here is a translation.

THIS FRM WIL NOT 2LERAET TXT SPK FRM JUV3NIEL 12 YEAR OLDS!!11111 LOL US3 DA LANGUAEG AS SHE IS SPOKEN OR WRIT3N!!!1 OMG WTF WE DO NOT DEDCT POINTS FOR POR SPELNG 3TC BUT IF U TYPE IN T3XT SPEAK W3 WIL D3LATE UR MESAEG!!11! LOL.......cnuts

2. np m8t will c u 4 a beer later

3. wow, MiB is a l33t h4x0r, I didn't know!

4. Oi Grandad.. it's not "Text Speak" It's called "1337".

:D
    Oh how I'm going to get a good shoeing for that.

5. 1337 (l33t, l337, 133t etc) & txt speak are different - one is done by l33t h4x0rz on teh intarweb, the other is done by 16 year olds in GCSE exams.

1337 translator: http://www.ogobin.org/tmp/31337.php
    TXT translator: http://www.transl8it.com/cgi-win/index.pl

6. I don't know which is more tragic - that Listy knew that either existed; that Stoats picked Listy up for it; or that fcuking engines exist on the tinternet to help other misguided and troubled souls find new ways to mangle the language of the Gods. :D

7. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Any more of this and I'll insert a garden gnome in the lot of you........f ing chavs!

8. Oh stoat most defantly, I already have to much sorrow in my life. For I know Stabtiffy, and he's a real \/\/4nk3r, especialy now as he's got a promotion.

9. :D

Nice. Is that Level 4 or 5?

10. Ah but will you tolerate it from juvenile 40 somethings?

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue how to textify the above.

But I can do "txt spk" in semaphore.

[​IMG]

11. Very very sad

12. What does that mean? I can't figure it out... :oops:

13. I reckon that's about 4" of Gnome insertion

A 5 would be \/\/4I\Ik3r.

but that's what 1337 was invented for, getting around Text filters.

14. Excuses time: I have had to suffer both these things in the past - my sister got into txt msgng as a teenager, so writes SMSses, MSN AND e-mail like that, and when I was a poor student who couldn't afford software I had to go to lots of I-I4x0r sites to download key generators & such like :blush:

15. Ha! Txt speak, that's so like 90's..