Text Message Speak - No More or we close the Site!

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jul 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

That's it - I've just seen m8 for mate for the 3rd time today. If it happens again then it's the off button and no more ARRSE. At least Blondebint uses english to communicate.

2. eye fined it annoying two, nowt rong with proper england grammer.

3. Can't you just do an outright ban for those tosspots that use it? It drives me bonkers! Note to the person's doing it. If your crap at English or spelling, then just open another window or MS Word, and look for and use a spell checker. Simple.

4. Got to agree, txt spk is a worse sin than mass genocide. All offenders should have there 'mobbies' inserted up their back sides still in the original box.

I use this polite little warning if it is found anywhere in the NAAFI;

[​IMG]

5. Despite my last post, I do agree. My daughter sends me text messages, it takes me ages to work out what she is saying. BATCO, I was faster at that!

6. Is that Shane McGowan's brother?

7. Nope.........that's Flash.

8. Ahh Batco..... bin txt spk and Batco it is then

9. Without wanting to sound like an indiot, what is Batco?

10. Batman Communications, adopted by the MoD after Batman Returns.

11. Flash is not as good looking mate, it's not him,

12. Complete and utter agreement, I have never been the most able with spelling and grammar; what with being dyslexic and having attended primary "school" in the 1980's. I do my best however, not to inflict my inadequacies (in this department) on others.

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've no objection to bad spelling and grammar as most of us get it wrong to a greater or lesser extent, and this isn't the English Nazi Rumour Service. Text speak is bloody irritating though.

14. :lol: quality!