Texas gun range offers target practice from a helicopter

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by _Chimurenga_, Jun 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

2. What? 'no return fire'? Pansies, why not offer the full Apocalypse Now immersive experience, but with better music?

3. I will work on it. So no Flight of the Valkyries? As for using helos for firing platforms, I hesitate to do that until the shooters are at least able to hit targets from the ground. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. An interim measure would be to wait until your shooter has taken up first pressure, let off a pyro, then shout into the intercom (in your best Robert Duvall); 'IT'S ONLY A FLARE!'

• Like Like x 1
  5. WTF! The music is perfect for that film.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Admittedly, with something like The Ring Cycle playing, you could shoot for days without having to change the record.

7. JJH as all of us who have been supported by air know, the target for ground to air weapons IS the ground. The only argument is over the miss distance. Ask any bomber pilot, he will claim a 100% hit rate.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Being Texas, I think they'd be more likely to fly along the Mexican border, giving you the full metal jacket experience, but with illegal immigrants

9. That's nothing. For years, UK helicopter operators have been arranging jollies for armchair warriors with more money than sense.

[​IMG]

10. i was talking to a bloke in houston that mentioned this but i was even more interested in the "hunting pigs by helicopter, with dynamite" option.

i dont care if its true or not, i laughed like a drain.

11. I have very mixed feelings having been saved by some fine "Danger Close" USMC F-4 CAS but also being strafed and rocketed by some USAF fast flyers.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

12. I'm sure JJH wouldn't mind having a Huey to play with, or whatever the one that the USMC used was.

13. I might offer my services to remove the brass for a small fee, but I'm buggered if I'll offer to dig out and dispose of the lead.