Texas Exchange....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Boxy, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well here we are in Texas being hosted by the national Guard, am using the hi tech facilities at their RTI (RTC)...The big boss was right, they do seem to have everything....but it's nailed down so they may well still have it by the time we leave.

***PARTY LINE ON***

So far it has been great, our hosts are superb, hotel is fantastic and we are currently in the middle of their version of DIT, but with computers at each desk.

***PARTY LINE OFF***

Dev ....unlucky mate the women....the booze....the PX jealous?

BTW it is actually very good and we are learning stuff, medics course next week.
  2. You're not winning friends here......
  3. FF, You know you'd rather have done Brecon.
  4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Went to South Dakota a year ago. Fantastic.

Yes they've got lots of kit, but they have the same problems as us. Some NG units have only just got M16A2s. Many of their vehicles are ancient. They were still using old pattern webbing.

I spent a week camping at the units 'Armory' - I found the mixed showers a bit embarrassing - being a slightly overweight middle aged man but when in Rome... and a week in BOQ in a rather splendid camp. Like a hotel.

5. Where do I sign up? :D
  6. No mixed showers where we are, but the hotel pool has some interesting sights!
  7. I'm not in the least bit jealous FF.

I've been up to my eyeballs decorating and laying carpets.........

See if you can get me a hold of one of those desert night parkas that were kicking about during the 1st Gulf, had one but gave it away when I left the regs.
  8. Dev, d'you want a leatherman and some Cuban cigars?

We have a host following up behind us to make sure nothing goes amiss, quite how they are going to handle it when we bombburst is another matter!
  9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Give Nick Hall at Sabre Sales in Portsmouth a call - 0239 2833394 - he has a few and they are quite cheap.