Testosterone Boosters

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by louis, Oct 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else used or using these?

ive heard good things about norateen thinking about trying it, is anyone using it at the moment and can tell me if its worth the cash or not?

2. I'd be very cautious about screwing about with your endocrine system. You could try wanking/shagging a lot as a safe alternative. Question in the British Medical Journal years ago - does "self-abuse" make you weedy, Answer - if anything quite the opposite, boosts testosterone.

3. Mate, your better off doing it naturally. Eat lots of eggs, nuts, whey protein and seeds, that'll sort you out properly. Avocado is also said to be good for your testerone levels, and it won't send you loopy like testosterone tablets did to my mate.

4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Oddly enough, I was having a discussion with a PTI about this sort of thing the other day. He had been taking Animal Stax for a little while and was about to start post-cycle therapy but swore by the stuff and had noticeable gains. However, he reckoned about 40% would see no real difference at all. Equally, he felt that taking testosterone boosters on their own can be futile unless you radically alter your diet and consider stacking with other products. When it came to recommendations, it was nigh on impossible to say that Product X was the best because everyone reacts differently to different regimes and the only way to find out was to just try it for yourself. Expensive maybe but how else will you know?

5. There are Anecdotal reports that supplementation of Tribulus Terrestris (a naturally occuring flowering plant) increases testosterone output within a safe range and can lead to significant gains. It has traditionally been used as an aphrodisiac since ancient times and at least succeeds at giving you the horn and increases one's 'yield' significantly :) As my ex girlfriend can vouch for!!!

6. Try doing squats as a natural alternative too. Working the big muscles such as the glutes is known to give your testosterone production a bit of a kick. Personally I wouldnt want to try to do it with supplements.

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

...and don't enter the Tour de France next year.....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Beat me to it: heavy squats, low reps. This will give you all the extra testosterone you need. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Soviet made 7.62mm's flying in your general vacinity kind did the trick for me, mind the increase in adrenalin that came with it was also an added bonus until the after contact shakes kicked in!!!

10. i have been diagnosed with low testosterone, after seeing a prof at local hosp he now says its too dangerous to treat me as my results have risen slightly to above lower normal range, im still low though, anyone else had this? he says testosterone can make blood sticky and cause clots and strokes or heart attack, dont know if he is bluffing to keep nhs cost down.

11. Pushing supermarket trolleys works wonders, eh?

12. Watch Chuck Norris films...basking in the glow of Chuck's awesomeness should do the trick.

Rodney2q

13. You should start a strength training regime mate. Compound heavy lifts. Look up Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5. As for trying to get TRT on the NHS they won't act until you are nearly dead, your doctor knows fully well that TRT is perfectly safe - he's just a ****.

As for supplementation start with your diet, eat more protein. Before you try any of the more 'racey' supps use Zinc citrate before bed every night. Solgar Zinc 50mg is about a tenner on Amazon for months worth. Eat well, lift heavy and take cold showers.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

14. I've never been told those side effects and I've been on TRT for nearly 4 years. It is very expensive though, but getting cheaper as more drugs manufacturers provide alternatives.

15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Every days a learning day!