Testimony to how fecked up our application of law/rights is

Read the following, and then read it again. Putting aside the hang 'em high comments, can somebody please explain to me just how this country has developed to get to this?

BBC Web page: School fights to evict paedophile

Martin moved into the school cottage last July when he was offered the job of caretaker at Beechfield School in Watford, Herts.

Police checks by the school then revealed the investigation against him.

The council started eviction proceedings against Martin as soon as he was charged last September - the proceedings were heard at Watford County Court in early December.

But the judge refused to force Martin out even though he had not signed a tenancy agreement.

The judge said under the law he had an assured short term tenancy agreement and was allowed to remain.
Measures were taken by the school to prevent Martin gaining access to its buildings, with security doors being kept locked and the head teacher monitoring children as they left the grounds.
So, with the "Western Style democracy and rule of law" that we seem so keen to impress upon countries in the Middle East. I ask the inevitable question of Blair and Co. - Do we think this would happen in Basrah?

There again, it's been quite common for Iraqi Judges to be shot in the course of their' duties. Doesn't happen in this country, fortunately.

And then read again the definition of testimony.

I occasionally have a drink with a UK Immigration Apeals Judge.
He commented that he rejects over 90% of all appeals.
Few if any are ever sent back.
john

These perverts get more protection, from the judicial sytem, than the victims and pottential victims.
Opperations to catch perves in public toilets around the S@##%y area, were stopped after 2 senior ranking officers, 1 RAF and 1 Army, were caught. I guess the chief of that particular county didn't want any Judges or Magistrates getting caught.