Testimonial

After writing a Testimonial for one of my soldiers, he asked me what format is it produced? Strangely got me thinking as I always thought it was in the form of a red book. Is this correct or is it A4 bound or something else?

syrup

LE
Mine ex RAF was A4, blue in a binder with my testimonial, service record and trade description in etc.
I assume the army one is Red but the same?

lert

LE
Think I wrote myself one for my last OC to give me. Never saw it though.

Sorry, that's not very helpful is it? To be fair, no-one's ever asked to see it anyway.

MARTOK

War Hero
If you mean the testimonial at end of service then when I left, 1997, it came in the form of a red book and all the pages were sealed in plastic. I always wondered if this was to preserve the pages or to prevent you from making alterations.

It’s an A4 piece of paper. Looks awful, I doubt they mean anything anymore.

I thought you only got a certificate of service nowadays.
Basically, a printout (on heavy duty paper) of Units, Deployments, Honours and Awards and courses/qualifications (usually wrong as the incorrect code was input on JPA).

RedDinger

Swinger
I got a little red book from the Army 30+ years ago. No one has ever asked to see it.

I thought you only got a certificate of service nowadays.
Basically, a printout (on heavy duty paper) of Units, Deployments, Honours and Awards and courses/qualifications (usually wrong as the incorrect code was input on JPA).

when I left in 2013 I got a testimonial and certificate of service.

Both on (nice) pieces of A 4

most of mine was correct as I updated JPA

Found it.
One sheet full of courses/qualifications - Missing 4 or 5 courses and 32 courses I did not do.
Honours and awards missing two deployments but I already had the medal.
No testimonial, but there was no need for one as I started my civvy career 2 and a half months before my discharge date.

I never got one. When I went to work at the college I gave a couple of my old bosses as personal referees. When I joined plod the army were approached for a general check and one of my personal refs reprised his role

After writing a Testimonial for one of my soldiers, he asked me what format is it produced? Strangely got me thinking as I always thought it was in the form of a red book. Is this correct or is it A4 bound or something else?
Do you mean a 108? Its just a sheet of A4 bit of paper.
It doesnt really mean anything any more, civvies arent normally that interested, (although it will say on it if you have been booted for drugs).
Because the form is now emailed around, people can change it to reflect that they were awarded 3 VCs and left at the rank of Field Marshal. It wont have the COs stamp on it, but a 3 quid stamp isnt hard to come by.

What are the options if you have not received one?

I understand it’s responsibility of the last Unit you served with to issue it, but having exhausted all options to try and ascertain it - it looks as though the auto-generated Veterans Badge will have to suffice.

What are the options if you have not received one?

I understand it’s responsibility of the last Unit you served with to issue it, but having exhausted all options to try and ascertain it - it looks as though the auto-generated Veterans Badge will have to suffice.
Do you really need one?

Dr Death

War Hero
A friend found out a good CV helped and when at interview impress the interview panel with knowledge, experience, skills and a good time keeper.

Well I guess it’s a fitting end to your career......

I’d much rather have something on the wall to replicate 22.5yrs than pull out a Veterans badge.
Its a bit of A4 paper, it not embossed, its doesn't have any fancy holograms, it really isn't anything special.

1594112020508.png

Write your own, include your time at 22 SAS and your VC and bar

Latest Threads