Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tesco next down the pan?

They're another supermarket who are massive pricks to their suppliers.

Their buying team visited the factory where my dad worked a few years ago. My dad's place were offering to make them the exclusive customer for what they made. Asda looked round, watched the production and all that shit then offered a deal that was ridiculously low. They were told that the company couldn't possibly supply for that price - "lay some of your staff off then" was the reply.

Luckily for the fellas who worked there it was a massive company (part of Unilever at the time) and they could afford to tell Asda to go and get fucked.
All businesses want the cheapest they can get.

Is there a business opportunity to produce and supply personalised toilet paper? Wipe your arse (women, being made of sugar, spice, and all things nice have no need for such things) on a picture of a politician/celebrity/ex you dislike.
Expensive process to print one off items like that.

Is there a business opportunity to produce and supply personalised toilet paper? Wipe your arse (women, being made of sugar, spice, and all things nice have no need for such things) on a picture of a politician/celebrity/ex you dislike.
There probably is, although it's easy to write their name on the loo-roll before you wipe. I recommend using a sharpie rather than a biro. It's very cathartic. The DIY method also means you can smear the name of just one person at a time or several, whereas you'd be a bit restricted with pre-printed stuff.

Maybe selling the loo-roll packaged with the sharpie is the way forward? Or, even better and tapping into the 'mindfulness colouring-in' thing, you could print a blank outline of a face on each sheet to be coloured-in (with the supplied pack of felt-tips) to represent the hexing subject.

There probably is, although it's easy to write their name on the loo-roll before you wipe. I recommend using a sharpie rather than a biro. It's very cathartic. The DIY method also means you can smear the name of just one person at a time or several, whereas you'd be a bit restricted with pre-printed stuff.

Maybe selling the loo-roll packaged with the sharpie is the way forward? Or, even better and tapping into the 'mindfulness colouring-in' thing, you could print a blank outline of a face on each sheet to be coloured-in (with the supplied pack of felt-tips) to represent the hexing subject.
Too late dude.
Who Gives A Crap | Limited Edition Toilet Paper

There was a UK based company that used to produce (to order) and sell toilet seats with pictures on them. They printed a picture of Saddam Hussein on one and sent it to the White House - occupied by Bill Clinton at the time. He wrote back and said he thought it was hilarious, but it had been extensively checked by the Secret Service.

Last edited:
I'll tell him, that he and his bosses are lying then....

Tbh, I'll believe him with his direct knowledge and experience, over some person on an anonymous forum, who perports to be a business expert in this field.
Believe what you wish. Given that the average Tesco sells 30000 SKUs purchased from over 5000 different suppliers we could both be right. Or you could be confusing Sell By dates with are stock control dates with Best Before and Use By dates.

You could always read EU Regulation 1169 which is quite clear where the liability for food labelling lies. There are also numerous regulations about testing depending on the product, preservation method and packaging.

I’m inclined to believe the law, my own research and my insurers advice rather than second hand knowledge of some random bloke on an Internet forum.

Apparently things went wrong with the nomenclature for this stuff
th

as it was supposed to have been for use as skin on the Horsa gliders because though it might wrinkle, it never tore.

It was seen as bad form to write "Due to a budget shortfall, please wash & reuse" above the bog roll holder in the admin block toilets at Regents Park Barracks at some point in 1987...

...as was purloining the pink, soft bog paper out of the "ladies".

So they were arrested for public order offenses? As to refusing to serve them. We quite often have limits on purchases, otherwise shop owners and licensees batter the offers stripping shelves, meaning other customers are disappointed.
We have actually banned several local pub/ club/restaurant owners from bulk purchasing.
They're loss leaders to drive footfall, waste of time if the shelves have been cleared by one customer who wants to sell them on.
So they were told no, kicked off refused to leave then kicked off.
As to his claim of they for personal use...
Mmm dubious.
His FB is interesting
Screenshot_2018-09-27-19-28-03~01.jpg

Hundreds of selling sites

Thought there would be more to it.

Cheers!

Just watched the video, couldn't earlier in theatre, so he's refused to leave, kept stopping, when the cops started to remove him for basically being an arrse he's then resisted. She's gone Tonto too and screamed blue murder.
Usual ******** in background throwing their two pence in.
I guarantee he will throw the race card at Tesco and police. That guard was a damn sight nicer than I would be.
Though I have reported him for not wearing his tie...

I do have a reputation as a bastard to uphold.