Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesco next down the pan?

Need to be uber careful ordering online with Tesco.
Either they are having a giraffe, or the product/pricing web drongos need a boot up the curry pipe..
Put in an order today for over £97.00's worth...about 4 weeks worth for this house's proteins and frozen items.
I found 3 products at X price...a bit cheaper than I know is the usual. One was Sharwoods Korma ready sauce.. They are actually OK-ish for a quick meal.
Ordered 2@£1.50 per.
Some time later in my process, there they are again in a different section.
Clubcard Price 95p. WTF?
Anyhow...ordered 4 instead.

Need to be uber careful ordering online with Tesco.
Either they are having a giraffe, or the product/pricing web drongos need a boot up the curry pipe..
Put in an order today for over £97.00's worth...about 4 weeks worth for this house's proteins and frozen items.
I found 3 products at X price...a bit cheaper than I know is the usual. One was Sharwoods Korma ready sauce.. They are actually OK-ish for a quick meal.
Ordered 2@£1.50 per.
Some time later in my process, there they are again in a different section.
Clubcard Price 95p. WTF?
Anyhow...ordered 4 instead.
Clear your tosco cookies and complete your ordering asap, happened to us this morning when placing a click and collect order, I cancelled the order cleared cookies logged back in, re ordered as fast as possible and lop and behold out order ( max 45 items at our store , why ?? ) came out 7.85 cheaper with some items now appearing with speshul clubcard prices.
I hope you get all 4 .

Well several workers at our store, including me, have received isolation instructions from the NHS track and trace because some leperous person decided to go shopping while covid positive.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Well several workers at our store, including me, have received isolation instructions from the NHS track and trace because some leperous person decided to go shopping while covid positive.

fingers crossed for you, do you get paid ?

Teeblerone

War Hero

Best of luck, hope it comes to nothing. You & your colleagues have been stars.

I forgot to mention that the first of the Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies went on the shelves at our store last Sunday.

We currently have 120 off from our store with mandatory self isolation. Most of them Nepalese.

30 of them decided to have an unauthorized sit down meal in the break room. unfortunately one was covid positive and it cascaded through on track and trace.

Consequently the rest of us are working stupid hours.

Disciplinary action against the Nepalese? Certainly not, that would be racist.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention that the first of the Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies went on the shelves at our store last Sunday.

Do they sell chocolate bunnies at the Portland store?

We currently have 120 off from our store with mandatory self isolation. Most of them Nepalese.

30 of them decided to have an unauthorized sit down meal in the break room. unfortunately one was covid positive and it cascaded through on track and trace.

Consequently the rest of us are working stupid hours.

Disciplinary action against the Nepalese? Certainly not, that would be racist.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
So the Nepalese, have they been sent home, or sent HOME?

Yokel

LE
There was a story in local news the other day that a local town is hoping to revive its fortunes by having a supermarket built. The thinking is that it will increase the number of people visiting the town from the local area. I presume that the store is being put in a fairly central location and not out of town.

There was a story in local news the other day that a local town is hoping to revive its fortunes by having a supermarket built. The thinking is that it will increase the number of people visiting the town from the local area. I presume that the store is being put in a fairly central location and not out of town.
Which from everything i have heard, and seen in our village, will quicken the demise of the small retailer in the supermarkets immediate vicinity, a vicious circle. Catch 22.

Which from everything i have heard, and seen in our village, will quicken the demise of the small retailer in the supermarkets immediate vicinity, a vicious circle. Catch 22.
Indeed, Stalham in Norfolk used to have a livestock market, two banks and a varied selection of shops.
Now the market is Tesco, the banks have both gone and there are 7+ hairdressers and at least as many charity shops.
There are still small local shops but it just isn't what it was.

TamH70

MIA
How can a bloke acquire two Tesco Online accounts using very similar email addresses, and three, count them, THREE Clubcards???

I'm only asking as I seem to have done exactly that. I must have the short-term memory of a sodding goldfish.

Still, got nine pounds fifty in unspent vouchers which convert to three times that in things I can buy with said vouchers, so things aren't too bad.

Latest Threads