Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesco next down the pan?

This was a police officer in uniform though...

And? Kick him out, and ring his boss who will come and view cctv, let them deal with it via their disciplinary system.
Here minimum wage guard go and grab that cop, don't worry that he's carrying PAVA, Asp and maybe taser... go drag him back the shop will look great...

And? Kick him out, and ring his boss who will come and view cctv, let them deal with it via their disciplinary system.
Here minimum wage guard go and grab that cop, don't worry that he's carrying PAVA, Asp and maybe taser... go drag him back the shop will look great...

No, call the police and ask them to deal with it. I am still surprised that this case didn't go to court pour encourager les autres.

No, call the police and ask them to deal with it. I am still surprised that this case didn't go to court pour encourager les autres.

Someone did call the police, thats how the police knew to investigate and sack him.
Like I said, he's easily identified via cctv no need to risk a scene or him having a rush of blood to the head as he realised when stopped his life is fųcked and using his Asp to launch the guard into ICU.
Even if he walked out with a trolly full of tellies not worth the risk to staff or the really bad public perception of tesco staff dragging a cop in.

One of the most extreme reactions from a shoplifter I dealt with was a school teacher stealing booze.
Who went nuts halfway back into store realising her school would find out so she decided to try and fight her way out.
Didn't end well

One of the most extreme reactions from a shoplifter I dealt with was a school teacher stealing booze.
Who went nuts halfway back into store realising her school would find out so she decided to try and fight her way out.
Didn't end well

That bit had me curious because the only way of this happening would be (a) her name, age and partial address appearing in the local rag or (b) coming up on a renewed enhanced CRB check. Whether or not she had a contractual obligation to inform her employer is something more honoured in the breach than the observance.

That bit had me curious because the only way of this happening would be (a) her name, age and partial address appearing in the local rag or (b) coming up on a renewed enhanced CRB check. Whether or not she had a contractual obligation to inform her employer is something more honoured in the breach than the observance.
Nope- teacher is a 'notifiable occupation'. Get nicked and-employer is informed.

Yours most likely is too.

That is interesting because my occupation isn't, despite the fact that I still can and have nicked teachers.
Can't remember off top of my head but - there's some quite surprising occupations that fall under the 'notifiable' umbrella-surprising in the sense that some would consider them quite menial / low level.

You sure yours doesn't? I would have thought this covered it:
  • national security
  • probity in the administration of justice

Can't remember off top of my head but - there's some quite surprising occupations that fall under the 'notifiable' umbrella-surprising in the sense that some would consider them quite menial / low level.

IIRC, the NCA come under the national security provisions; the reason that I am so confident about my own status is that I was involved in a disciplinary investigation of a BF officer who had been found in bed with a quite prominent drug-dealer and had been nicked during the execution of a search warrant. She was under no obligation to tell us and the police were no obligation to tell us either. What did for her was the Department's refusal to renew her security clearance when it was up for renewal and for the port operator then refusing to renew her airside pass due to the absence of the former. It dragged on for ages and ages, two years in fact.

Last edited:

If she had just walked back in, it was just going to be a banning letter.
Police wouldn't have been informed and no way her school would have known.
Wigging out and swinging for me going absolutely mental meant police involved.
It went from simple shoplift to assault and criminal damage.
You never can tell how people are going to react, especially if they are on the surface someone respectable.
Sooner deal with druggies in that respect as they know whats gonna happen.

If she had just walked back in, it was just going to be a banning letter.
Police wouldn't have been informed and no way her school would have known.
Wigging out and swinging for me going absolutely mental meant police involved.
It went from simple shoplift to assault and criminal damage.
You never can tell how people are going to react, especially if they are on the surface someone respectable.
Sooner deal with druggies in that respect as they know whats gonna happen.

Was she an alcoholic?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
With a lot of big name companies going to the wall I wonder if Tesco is in the firing line. Closed down Tesco direct, got an email yesterday saying the Tesco Wine By The Case is closing. Our local (very large) Tesco seems to have a lot of fairly empty shelves, made me wonder.
We supply Tesco, and the reduction is skews is a strategic decision due to the fact when they went with the "Extra" very large store concept it was before the huge change in buying patterns via Amazon et al.

he Extra stores are struggling and are carrying skews like TV,s etc that just don't make money.

The Express and Mid Size stores are actually quite profitable due to carry far less range. Aldi and Lidl are very much a threat to all the large traditional multiples. I would expect to see a number of large store closures and or a reduction in skews available.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I was 8 when she died.
And I was positively Ancient at 22. I remember the court case though, it was shocking to my parents.

Now we take it for granted that slebs go shoplifting and plead mental elf, but to them, both subjects were taboo.