Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesco next down the pan?

I popped into Tescos this morning and there was a pretty smiling brunette giving a squirt of sanitiser to customers. I paused and she smiled as she gave me one.

Surely nobody is so curmudgeonly that they do not appreciate the kindness and courtesy of others?

Is that a new service that Tesco's are providing

Archie

Yokel

LE
No traffic lights fitted yet?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Traffic lights?

Red = store full of unfriendly women who will beat you with a basket.

Amber = helpful and friendly women, but they might only be interested in strictly work stuff.

Green = friendly and pretty girlie with nice hair and warm smiles ready to help you.

I still have not been in the cafe...

Is that a new service that Tesco's are providing

Archie

Funny you should say that... Apparently, a Wiltshire Police Sgt's wife, who normally worked in the Tesco Extra, was providing exactly that service on match days when Swindon Town were playing at home and her husband was policing the game.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that... Apparently, a Wiltshire Police Sgt's wife, who normally worked in the Tesco Extra, was providing exactly that service on match days when Swindon Town were playing at home and get husband was policing the game.
My mate wants to know if..

Traffic lights?

Red = store full of unfriendly women who will beat you with a basket.

Amber = helpful and friendly women, but they might only be interested in strictly work stuff.

Green = friendly and pretty girlie with nice hair and warm smiles ready to help you.

I still have not been in the cafe...

You have an unhealthy interest in the female employees at Tesco.

Seek professional help before you are arrested.

Yokel

LE
You have an unhealthy interest in the female employees at Tesco.

Seek professional help before you are arrested.

Not funny. Other supermarkets and other kinds of retail establishment do exist, many of them employing attractive and friendly women. Actually I go there to do shopping and not just to see the young hotties. I am happy to chat to anyone. For those of us with isolated lives any social contact is welcome.

. For those of us with isolated lives any social contact is welcome.
Yo did'nt say so last week.
We heard.
1602523138549.png

Not funny. Other supermarkets and other kinds of retail establishment do exist, many of them employing attractive and friendly women. Actually I go there to do shopping and not just to see the young hotties. I am happy to chat to anyone. For those of us with isolated lives any social contact is welcome.

You make me laugh.

I'm pleased to know that you are aware of other retail establishment which employ 'young hotties'. (you noticed)

You admit that shopping is, ' not just to see the young hotties'. So it is part of shopping.

Work on your defence. Being happy to chat to anyone will be tenuous.

Yokel

LE
You make me laugh.

I'm pleased to know that you are aware of other retail establishment which employ 'young hotties'. (you noticed)

You admit that shopping is, ' not just to see the young hotties'. So it is part of shopping.

Work on your defence. Being happy to chat to anyone will be tenuous.

Are you Owen Jones?

Since when did talking to people become a crime? Are you saying that if you were buying catfood and the checkout lady spoke about her cat, you would not talk to her? Would you not thank the helpful person who sprays your hands?

There is such a thing as politeness. Why not try it?

Last edited:
Edinburgh Woollen Mills Group (EWM, Ponden Mill, Jaeger & Peacocks plus sundry other interests ) is about to go spinning down the gurgler to oblivion...

The FT said:
The group, controlled by Switzerland-based tycoon Philip Day, had already filed a notice of intent to appoint FRP as administrators, giving it protection from any legal action by its creditors. The notice was extended for two weeks on Friday.
  • 265 Edinburgh Woollen Mill stores
  • 479 Peacocks stores
  • 107 Ponden Home stores
  • 88 tourist shops and visitor centres trading under various fascias (e.g. James Pringle Weavers)
  • 27 destination sites combining all the Group's concepts (e.g. Masson Mill)
  • A number of tourist attractions, including the Scottish Deer Centre in Fife and the Scottish Wool Centre in Perthshire.
The FT said:
The group has said that between them, the companies employ more than 20,000 people although the last published accounts for EWM Group put the total at closer to 11,000.

EWM / FT

Edinburgh Woollen Mills Group (EWM, Ponden Mill, Jaeger & Peacocks plus sundry other interests ) is about to go spinning down the gurgler to oblivion...

• 479 Peacocks stores
  • 107 Ponden Home stores
  • 88 tourist shops and visitor centres trading under various fascias (e.g. James Pringle Weavers)
  • A number of tourist attractions, including the Scottish Deer Centre in Fife and the Scottish Wool Centre in Perthshire.

EWM / FT

Stand by for a cut price swoop from fatso Ashley, more stores to pile in his chav clothing

• 479 Peacocks stores
  • 107 Ponden Home stores

EWM / FT
Mostly over priced tat with stingy sizing. No great loss. Sad about the jobs though.

Mostly over priced tat with stingy sizing. No great loss. Sad about the jobs though.

For years I've wondered who keeps them going. They certainly cornered the market in diaphonously thin, low-quality knitwear and there seemed to be one on every high street.

Where will grannies buy crap Christmas presents now?

For years I've wondered who keeps them going. They certainly cornered the market in diaphonously thin, low-quality knitwear and there seemed to be one on every high street.

Where will grannies buy crap Christmas presents now?
Except when there is two... Keswick high street has an EWM trading more or less opposite a 'Pitlochry In Lakeland' - same clobber, same prices but much more tourist tat

Tool

LE

• 479 Peacocks stores
  • 107 Ponden Home stores

EWM / FT
Well, that's the Royal Mile with about 7/8 of its shops empty then.

• 479 Peacocks stores
  • 107 Ponden Home stores

EWM / FT
The Peacocks Group bought/rescued Bon Marche last year, are they due down the gurgler too?

Latest Threads