Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesco next down the pan?

With social distancing there are less tills open, and less checkout girls to checkout. If you suffer from low mood then the checkout girl chatting to you and smiling can really brighten your day. Not forgetting the other staff.

There is a serious point here - online shopping is all very well but people need social contact.

You really think that some attractive woman wants to chat and force a smile to boring old farts who hang about the check out to leering at them?

Tesco Newbury used to, Sainsbury Newbury did too but they were noticeably absent in Lidl.

You need to shop in Waitrose Newbury then. You're missing out on the 'posh' girls

I used to delivery to their rear entrance and can't remember seeing any attractive females when I was there.

Because you were tradesman trash. The pretty girls are for well-heeled customers.

Know your place, that is all I'll say!

I used to delivery to their rear entrance and can't remember seeing any attractive females when I was there.

DB51E78D-5A47-4B3F-B3D3-65A72A201250.jpeg

Yokel

LE
You really think that some attractive woman wants to chat and force a smile to boring old farts who hang about the check out to leering at them?

Boring old farts leering no, - me being polite, yes. Then again I smile and have a laugh and a joke with anyone. Do saddos really go there to letch at the women? Hanging around the checkout is a bit of a no no in these days of keeping your distance.

You might as well smile.

With social distancing there are less tills open, and less checkout girls to checkout. If you suffer from low mood then the checkout girl chatting to you and smiling can really brighten your day. Not forgetting the other staff.

There is a serious point here - online shopping is all very well but people need social contact.
You might but I don't like people. Viruses with shoes (bill hicks RIP).

Boring old farts leering no, - me being polite, yes. Then again I smile and have a laugh and a joke with anyone. Do saddos really go there to letch at the women? Hanging around the checkout is a bit of a no no in these days of keeping your distance.

You might as well smile.

when visiting my parents (in the days before Corona) I really appreciated the smiling and friendly ladies on the checkout at the local Tesco express.

You might as well smile.

I use the automated check outs. The conversation is to my taste. I go to a supermarket to shop not visit comedy central.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that the checkout ladies don't see you a a boring old fart who is excessively polite in order to ingratiate himself upon them.

Yokel

LE
I use the automated check outs. The conversation is to my taste. I go to a supermarket to shop not visit comedy central.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that the checkout ladies don't see you a a boring old fart who is excessively polite in order to ingratiate himself upon them.

The automated checkouts are a pain if you have a full trolley or loose items, or have vouchers.

In recent months, the checkout ladies have all been the older ones, but there is no excuse for not being polite. How would they know if I am boring or not?

In recent months, the checkout ladies have all been the older ones, but there is no excuse for not being polite. How would they know if I am boring or not?

I don't recall ever stating that one shouldn't be polite.

The answer is that they are worldly wise and have seen hundreds of people go through their check outa and can recognise one when they see one.

Finally, I am not going to derail this thread. Further comments to the handbag thread please. I can accept that you think of me as a misanthrope just live with me thinking of you as a boring .........

Now, off to Tesco. Women are waiting for you.

Yokel

LE
By talking to them?

Thanks. The answer is to talk less and listen more - people love to be listened to.

Anyway, back on topic, is Tesco enforcing a national policy regarding certain things you can only buy in limited quantities? Is there a list? Or will individual stores react to local circumstances?

Thanks. The answer is to talk less and listen more - people love to be listened to.

Anyway, back on topic, is Tesco enforcing a national policy regarding certain things you can only buy in limited quantities? Is there a list? Or will individual stores react to local circumstances?
National policy

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

The automated checkouts are a pain if you have a full trolley or loose items, or have vouchers.

Well, if they were Arrse members, they’d be well aware :)

Yokel

LE
I popped into Tescos this morning and there was a pretty smiling brunette giving a squirt of sanitiser to customers. I paused and she smiled as she gave me one.

Surely nobody is so curmudgeonly that they do not appreciate the kindness and courtesy of others?

I popped into Tescos this morning and there was a pretty smiling brunette giving a squirt of sanitiser to customers. I paused and she smiled as she gave me one.

Surely nobody is so curmudgeonly that they do not appreciate the kindness and courtesy of others?
No traffic lights fitted yet?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads