Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesco next down the pan?

Yokel

LE
Noooo...
Please not you as well.

Quite. I do not like being addessed as 'hun' but anyone who is not a women. One of the Tesco checkout girls used to address me as 'lovely' - which was nice. A smile and a few friendly words can really cheer you up.

We've only done the delivery thing once and that as because I was out of town and the wife was self isolating back in April. The only thing we get delivered now is alcohol and that's via Amazon.

The Amazon is a long way to go for a drink.

With every other checkout closed for social distancing reasons, what will those checkout staff do?

With every other checkout closed for social distancing reasons, what will those checkout staff do?
Block the aisles with dot.com trollies so normal shoppers cannot get past. FFS!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Tesco caught with fingers in custimers' wallets.

I saw that as I went to lunch after my weekly staff search. Statistically speaking we should only be searched about ever 18 months but i am searched every week to 10 days.
I think it's because I'm a middle aged white man so not only am I less likely to steal, I'm also less likely to cry racism when I'm searched.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Yokel

LE
I saw that as I went to lunch after my weekly staff search. Statistically speaking we should only be searched about ever 18 months but i am searched every week to 10 days.
I think it's because I'm a middle aged white man so not only am I less likely to steal, I'm also less likely to cry racism when I'm searched.

Who does the searching? One of the security guards or a pretty checkout girl who wants to see if you have a large package?

What sort of petty managers insist on ignoring known shoplifters whilst upsetting staff to make make sure they have not hidden a baguette down your trousers or stuffed a can of baked beans in this pockets?

Last edited:

Years ago when I worked for a large Chemist's chain I was doing a system implementation in one of the warehouses. Chatting to the manager over a few beers one of the nuggets he told me was that they would be unlikely to employ single males between 30-50. When I asked why he said that they'd be unlikely to live on the wages they were paying unless they were topping it up with flogging stuff knocked off from the high value rackspace.

Best employees he said were married women 35+. Kids at school, need some financial independence, and not likely to cause any trouble. Plus if their husband's are fat, lazy bastards, they'd usually be open to a bit of tea and sympathy in the office after a shift.

Yokel

LE
Pretty check out girls at Tesco??? Specsavers for you, now.

Some of them are. Plus you have other staff that may include pretty female ones, such as the bakery girl with nice buns, or the fruit section women with tasty melons and juicy pears. Then there is the girl making sure everyone can see the peaches in that section.

What is the point of shopping in person if you cannot stop and look at tasty things that grab your attention?

Last edited:
Some of them are. Plus you have other staff that may include pretty female ones, such as the bakery girl with nice buns, or the fruit section women with tasty melons and juicy pears. Then there is the girl making sure everyone can see the peaches in that section.

What is the point of shopping in person if you cannot stop and look at tasty things that grab your attention?

You've got me there. You can't beat a nice pair.

My mate was sacked for sticking his dick in the bacon slicer.

She was sacked as well.

AM today.
Into Tesco main store's fuel station just to get a 50p to check tyres.
Manager doing a short stint there asked me if I intended to shop next door.
Negative.
She said to avoid the place today as they were being managed again at the doors thanks to.....a wipe out of bog paper, rice, pasta and God knows what else.
True enough, the car park looked like a clip from Escape from NY.
Utter gopping twats. I asked her why not ration at the check-out as before?
No point...families are splitting and using multiple trollies.
There was a multi-car Q for fuel as well?
Personally, since we have erected 4 workshop 5 shelvers in the loft and have steadily filled an additional FreezeGuard freezer in the workshop slowly dripping in stuff for 6 months, the w*nk-stains can get on with it.
SWMBO thought I'd lost the plot slightly. Today, she's a bit quieter......as this is only (potentially) the beginning.
Same in Glasgow West when I called my sister.

In_Twists

Old-Salt

Nope. Tescos has no decent totty. Not even imagined totty.
Sainsburys however has a few 'ones' stacking shelves or wandering about aimlessly.
No Asda near me.
Aldi has only 3 staff anyway.
Waitrose has some young uns but not up to Sainsburys standard.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not rounded to the nearest pound.
Bill is £1.01 you pay £2.00
if it were rounded to the nearest pound, most people would get their bills to £x.49 and an easy win.

Key word is rounded up.

During my RAPC Military Accountant Programmer PL/1 course, I couldn't get the exact answers demanded out of my program because I understood the difference whereas the instructor didn't.

Sainsburys however has a few 'ones' stacking shelves or wandering about aimlessly.
No Asda near me.
Tesco Newbury used to, Sainsbury Newbury did too but they were noticeably absent in Lidl.

No Asda near me.
My Tesco has some outstanding totty, all waste of space but untouchable because their boyfriends are senior managers there.

Yokel

LE
With social distancing there are less tills open, and less checkout girls to checkout. If you suffer from low mood then the checkout girl chatting to you and smiling can really brighten your day. Not forgetting the other staff.

There is a serious point here - online shopping is all very well but people need social contact.

Latest Threads