Tesco next down the pan?

Don't get me started on the Customer service people. I'm surprised that they don't insist that we salute.

I'm personally waiting for our new Diversity and Inclusivity training in a few months, they've already told us that we have white privilege.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Tell them you self identify as a Cherokee and are offended by their racist assumptions.
Don't let those honkys oppress you.

Yokel

LE
According to the BBC News website, Tesco has been experiencing growth and is rewarding temps by looking to create something like 16 000 new permanent roles across the country.

I still cannot get my head around the way the cafe is open but you have to wear a face mask in the store.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I still cannot get my head around the way the cafe is open but you have to wear a face mask in the store.
Oh, don't. Very little of what's going on at the moment makes sense.

You don't have to wear a mask in a care or a pub or a restaurant. You do though have to wear an ineffectual one in a shop.

It's ridiculous that supermarkets have also continued with distancing after masks were stipulated. If the masks work, we don't need distancing. If they don't, then there's no point to wearing the masks.

Did I miss anything?

According to the BBC News website, Tesco has been experiencing growth and is rewarding temps by looking to create something like 16 000 new permanent roles across the country.

It's not rocket science.
Wear a mask walking around the stores......take it off sitting at a socially distanced table in the cafe.
Are you OK hun?

They don’t mean it. It’s a scam to persuade that they are struggling, and get more government cash.

Oh, don't. Very little of what's going on at the moment makes sense.

You don't have to wear a mask in a care or a pub or a restaurant. You do though have to wear an ineffectual one in a shop.

It's ridiculous that supermarkets have also continued with distancing after masks were stipulated. If the masks work, we don't need distancing. If they don't, then there's no point to wearing the masks.

Did I miss anything?
Sorry you did.

Its a face covering not a mask.
So wrap the old scrim scarf round the noggin (one layer as it were) and you comply with the law and have something just as effective as the scraps of cloth, but with the advantage that your glasses wont steam up and can enjoy a refreshing drink through a straw.

Oh wait a mo.
Then your eating in so you don't need a covering at all.

16,000 new roles? They gave most of the temps their 2 weeks notice almost a month ago and we're now struggling. Most times there's only me and a manager to run the department as most are now off doing the dot com picking for the online orders.

The usual standard of inconsistent fast changing policies from head office.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
16,000 new roles? They gave most of the temps their 2 weeks notice almost a month ago and we're now struggling. Most times there's only me and a manager to run the department as most are now off doing the dot com picking for the online orders.

Quick question about the dot.com deliveries. Supposedly, the idea behind home deliveries is to get a few days worth of food and goods in at a time, so why is it the pickers manage to pack stuff with a dateline of one f'kin day on many fresh goods? We're lucky in that we can freeze a load of stuff, but not everyone can.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Quick question about the dot.com deliveries. Supposedly, the idea behind home deliveries is to get a few days worth of food and goods in at a time, so why is it the pickers manage to pack stuff with a dateline of one f'kin day on many fresh goods? We're lucky in that we can freeze a load of stuff, but not everyone can.
Or when the buggers do rubbish substitutions. We had a week when we got some absolute pearlers. So, for instance, we asked for lamb mince but got a shoulder joint. Five days of meals, and every one had a substitution like that. Not one meal was possible. Idiots.

One day run out. Its old stock, that will be either marked down on the reduced shelf, given to the local sally Ann, a local food bank, or thrown out. By palming it off on the unsuspecting punter, its sold at face value, they win, you have a problem.

Edit to add:- or you could go to the shops and buy exactly what you want, yourself, it works for me, and has for the last 42 years of our married life. ( I do the shopping, my wife is not a well girl)

wheel

LE

Be careful mate you will be getting your wrist slapped if someone grasses you again.

A few months ago, I tried one of Morrisons £30 boxes,.
Utter crap, about £10 worth of dented cans, long life milk, rotting fruit and veg, stale bread...I only noticed it had been delivered when taking out some rubbish.

They're not supposed to, if it's Tesco complain. They do take it seriously at head office. It'll be a black mark for the dot com manager who will make sure sh!t flows down hill. I have to make sure that they have access to the longest available dates, if I don't I get the dreaded "let's talk" note from the store manager

@Cold_Collation My favourite dot com poster at the moment is the substitution one. Warning them to think before substitution, no dog food instead of cat food, no lemons instead of oranges.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
One day run out. Its old stock, that will be either marked down on the reduced shelf, given to the local sally Ann, a local food bank, or thrown out. By palming it off on the unsuspecting punter, its sold at face value, they win, you have a problem.

Edit to add:- or you could go to the shops and buy exactly what you want, yourself, it works for me, and has for the last 42 years of our married life. ( I do the shopping, my wife is not a well girl)
We've only done the delivery thing once and that as because I was out of town and the wife was self isolating back in April. The only thing we get delivered now is alcohol and that's via Amazon.

Latest Threads