• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tesco next down the pan?

He didn't really have a question he just had another dig at my Corps and is now in a sulk because I've reminded him that despite being the next Warren Buffett he doesnt even know if he is an Australian citizen or not.
"he doesnt even know if he is an Australian citizen or not"
Does it matter on this thread

Tesco next down the pan?

He didn't really have a question he just had another dig at my Corps and is now in a sulk because I've reminded him that despite being the next Warren Buffett he doesnt even know if he is an Australian citizen or not.
It wasn’t a dig at your corps. Although I’m surprised that you trust an RLC officer’s word on supermarket manufacturing when you slag them off on Arrse.

"he doesnt even know if he is an Australian citizen or not"
Does it matter on this thread

Tesco next down the pan?
You mean I gave an example of one of my officers studying for his degree going to a British food plant, yet some prick who lived on the other side of the world for x amount of years thinks he's all so much better?

Last edited:
It wasn’t a dig at your corps. Although I’m surprised that you trust an RLC officer’s word on supermarket manufacturing when you slag them off on Arrse.
To the backpedal mobile Batman.
All very well gobbing off isnt it, plastic-Aussie? You just dont like it when someone takes the piss back.

To the backpedal mobile Batman.
All very well gobbing off isnt it, plastic-Aussie? You just dont like it when someone takes the piss back.
I wasn’t taking the piss. I was observing on the intellectual pygmyism of your position.

I too am out of here. The sun’s rising over Copacabana Beach and there a nice 4ft swell. An early morning surf is calling. Wetsuit from Aldi...

Being a plastic Aussie has its benefits.

I wasn’t taking the piss. I was observing on the intellectual pygmyism of your position.

I too am out of here. The sun’s rising over Copacabana Beach and there a nice 4ft swell. An early morning surf is calling. Wetsuit from Aldi...

Lucky [ex]pomme Barsteward

And I was observing the fact that despite you are the greatest businessman of all time you didnt know if you were an Australian citizen or not.

And I was observing the fact that despite you are the greatest businessman of all time you didnt know if you were an Australian citizen or not.
And how is my citizenship relevant to a discussion about Tesco?

I don’t claim to be a particularly good businessman; I’ve made some quite major mistakes and lost good money getting where I am today. But then I’ve learnt from my failures to the point where the product business I founded less than two years ago will turn over $400k in its second year of trading and target $250k a month by the end of Year 3.

One of the things I have learned is how much I don’t know. Which is why I study business, read business books and hire people who have expertise I don’t have and never will have. But there’s no way I’d pitch our products at a big supermarket’s buyers without understanding their model.

Enjoy your Friday night. I’m off to the beach.

Leaves --------------------------stage left
A good plan... leave the stage door open when you get there. I may follow as I too have no idea what Australian citizenship or RLC officers visiting food factories had to do with anything relating to the survival or failure of Tesco.

Purely as a matter of curiosity, if @stacker1 did have an argument in an empty room would Stacker win his argument against himself? Presumably he would win but that would mean he has also lost his argument against himself.

Stacker Argues.jpg

And? I’m sure you’ve never bullshitted before. Not once.

Try arguing the point rather than trying to discredit the debater. But you don’t have the intellect to do that do you?
I thought you were going to the beach?

You had no problem with your snide comments about the RLC did you?

I always wanted the job as a tomato tin denter at Aldi.

Because people are idiots. Buying own brand from a supermarket used to be viewed as pikey but buying the same thing from Aldi/Lidl is the new in thing.
Have you never noticed that product recalls sometimes include own brands from several supermarkets including Aldi? Almost as if it's the same stuff.
A friend of mine worked in a chicken factory near here that supplies all the main supermarkets, the end product being packed in the relevant supermarket's supplied packaging. He said there was absolutely no difference in the standard of chickens being supplied to the main four and the discounters though the latter are sold cheaper obviously.