Tesco Mobile & PAC

MortonSlumber

Old-Salt
My local tesco phone shop have just told me If I want out of my sim only deal before it ends in 3 months I must pay the full bill of £27 in total before they will give me a PAC.
And that I may lose my number as well if Tescos do not want me to change it?

I presume this is a scare tactic employed by them?

Should I ask for a PAC migrate to new supplier & then settle the bill of £27?

Toppet

Old-Salt
My local tesco phone shop have just told me If I want out of my sim only deal before it ends in 3 months I must pay the full bill of £27 in total before they will give me a PAC.
And that I may lose my number as well if Tescos do not want me to change it?

I presume this is a scare tactic employed by them?

Should I ask for a PAC migrate to new supplier & then settle the bill of £27?
If that's your contract, you've probably got to pay it.

Try this to get a PAC:

Screenshot_20190924-150851_Chrome.jpg

Correct, you will need to buy out of your agreement before the number can be released.
Once paid off you will be able to get the port authorisation code.

The STAC looks to be a complete cancel.
Try Texting "PAC" to 65075

SWJ99

War Hero
Phone companies are shit. Take them to court for any reason you feel like. I sued one twice last year.
They forgot to defend the first claim and then paid after I got a default judgment. They defended the second claim (for anoying spam texts they kept sending me) and sent a barrister to the county court hearing to represent them. This probably cost them about a grand, which was about twice the value of my claim. Because it was on the small claims track, where each side pays their own costs, I didn't have to pay for this, even though they won. Then they carried on sending me the annoying texts, so I did a SAR, and they refused to supply the data I'd requested. I complained to the ICO, which made them comply with the request. I got a grovelling apology and an assurance that due to my complaint, they'd now amended their disclosure policy.
Fcuk it. They can afford to pay for your new Bentley if they want to.

Phone companies are shit. Take them to court for any reason you feel like. I sued one twice last year.
They forgot to defend the first claim and then paid after I got a default judgment. They defended the second claim (for anoying spam texts they kept sending me) and sent a barrister to the county court hearing to represent them. This probably cost them about a grand, which was about twice the value of my claim. Because it was on the small claims track, where each side pays their own costs, I didn't have to pay for this, even though they won. Then they carried on sending me the annoying texts, so I did a SAR, and they refused to supply the data I'd requested. I complained to the ICO, which made them comply with the request. I got a grovelling apology and an assurance that due to my complaint, they'd now amended their disclosure policy.
Fcuk it. They can afford to pay for your new Bentley if they want to.
Get a new hobby :D

MortonSlumber

Old-Salt
Tesco's Mobile snotty nosed kid made a veiled threat about me possibly losing my number, I asked him to repeat it then demanded to see a manager, shop duty manager turned up, they could not believe the snotty nosed teenager in the mobile shop was giving it large, to the extextent he was, they (duty manager) assured me that getting a PAC was easy and got one on the spot. Snotty kid got put in his place by duty manager who asked him if I lost my number did he think I might sue!! This got snotty kid worried & hope the little cnut still is!

Moved to the new provider, but had some issues, mainly they did not update my details so I could make calls but no incoming, this was all sorted by a lovely welsh lady from the providers tech support and all sorted. The local shop are a bit dim as they sell the phones, advise on updating mobiles and plans, but have little idea about how the PAC works and migration to the providers telecommunication hub & servers.

So the morale of the story is that tesco mobile are 5hite!
Piggy back off o2 and you get a reduced signal most of the time.

Tesco mobile are truly shite. Phone stopped working after a week, three weeks ago. Several unanswered calls to the local phone shop eight calls to the help line and sweet FA happened.
Supposed to have a prepaid to send the crap back for "repair" but nothing yet.
Went into the shop (thirty miles away) and was told they don't answer the phone in a phone shop if they are busy and don't have a message service.
Tesco are the new British Leyland.

Tesco's Mobile snotty nosed kid made a veiled threat about me possibly losing my number, I asked him to repeat it then demanded to see a manager, shop duty manager turned up, they could not believe the snotty nosed teenager in the mobile shop was giving it large, to the extextent he was, they (duty manager) assured me that getting a PAC was easy and got one on the spot. Snotty kid got put in his place by duty manager who asked him if I lost my number did he think I might sue!! This got snotty kid worried & hope the little cnut still is!

Moved to the new provider, but had some issues, mainly they did not update my details so I could make calls but no incoming, this was all sorted by a lovely welsh lady from the providers tech support and all sorted. The local shop are a bit dim as they sell the phones, advise on updating mobiles and plans, but have little idea about how the PAC works and migration to the providers telecommunication hub & servers.

So the morale of the story is that tesco mobile are 5hite!
Piggy back off o2 and you get a reduced signal most of the time.
Moral of the story is that minimum wage sales staff don’t get trained in their services and that shit managers bully them rather than take the opportunity to tell them the procedures

Moral of the story is that minimum wage sales staff don’t get trained in their services and that shit managers bully them rather than take the opportunity to tell them the procedures
When Tesco mobile started the staff were spot on. Tesco lost them to other companies who motivate

Latest Threads