Tesco cheap stainless steel flask

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gobbyidiot, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't see it online but in store I bought a one litre stainless steel flask from Tesco last week for £3-95. I can remember when these things were expensive. Admittedly the only flask which will survive really rough treatment is the big heavy Stanley jobs, which are a pain in the arse weight-wise when they are empty. The Tesco flask has a neck wide enough to take those little tinned spuds - drain fluid from spuds (and/or kidney beans, chick peas etc), chuck them in the flask, add boiling water and stopper, heat soup in the saucepan, carefully drain off boiling water from flask leaving hot spuds and pour in the soup. Admittedly all the fluid has to come out to get the spuds out.

There also seems to be quite a lot of heat coming through the stopper. It kept boiling water scalding over ten hours, though, so quite usable for £3-95.
  2. Been useing one for ages and at that price you don't care if it gets creamed, best to preheat it
  3. I find it frankly f*cking amazing what you Big Issue lad's get up to at night time.
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Make good IED's too - allegedly... :silent:
  5. Steady on Biscuits, you'll get old and consider these things important one day too
  6. But is it ally?
  7. No. Stainless :D
  8. There was a time I could have had a happy three hours with said flask, an old karrimat, felt tip pen, scissors, superglue, black insulating tape.........draw around the base to make a little disc, long ribs down the sides, lashings of tape...

What a sad b*stard I was :lol:
  9. That always amazed and baffled me.....If they can spot the flash from reflected light off the dull matt satinless steel flask, a) WFT are you doing waving your flask around in sight of the enemy b) How come they've not spotted you?