Tesco cash machine mistakenly promises free erections

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29799542

I'll open this up yo the usuall piss taking of Welsh and Welsh speaker, and remind you that English are ALL *****!

I don't get the point of bilingual signs. Presumably everybody in Wales
a. Speaks English (or some version of) and
b. Can identify an ATM even if it hadn't a sign over it.

Ireland is also infected with this kind of nonsense. My favourite is a road sign in an Irish-speaking area near Helvick that says STOP. To accommodate tourists they helpfully translated that into English, oddly enough STOP. So the sign says STOP STOP.

A few years ago it was decreed that official documents must be printed in both English and Irish. So every form you get is twice as thick as it should be (and of course costs twice as much to produce). They are generally accompanied by a small encyclopaedia (bilingual) on how to fill in your form. When I renewed my driving licence last year the document was 18 pages long of which I filled in perhaps 3.

Is it true that there is no word for the colour brown in welsh?

How can you take any language seriously that hasn't evolved far enough to even manage the simple things never mind what the welsh must be for pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. (Yes that is a real word).

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
b. Can identify an ATM even if it hadn't a sign over it..

[Cynicism on]

Bi-lingual signs are said to promote nationalism. Which makes it more likely you'll vote for the nationalist party - Plaid Cymru in this case.

[/Cynicism off]

Wordsmith

One would love hack these ATM or motorway signs withe "Free Blow Jobs & Hand Relief - no charge"

I know, its time for my afternoon meds....

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
b. Can identify an ATM even if it hadn't a sign over it.

Ireland is also infected with this kind of nonsense. My favourite is a road sign in an Irish-speaking area near Helvick that says STOP. To accommodate tourists they helpfully translated that into English, oddly enough STOP. So the sign says STOP STOP.

A few years ago it was decreed that official documents must be printed in both English and Irish. So every form you get is twice as thick as it should be (and of course costs twice as much to produce). They are generally accompanied by a small encyclopaedia (bilingual) on how to fill in your form. When I renewed my driving licence last year the document was 18 pages long of which I filled in perhaps 3.
Oh yes every form in Wales is in Welsh and English, it is a pathetic waste of money.

One would love hack these ATM or motorway signs withe "Free Blow Jobs & Hand Relief - no charge"

we regularly cross the border in to lands north -- theres one which says stress causes accidents .... strangely enough theres a lay-by just after the sign renowned for dogging.....now that's what I called the highways agency providing a service

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT

18rhpzi5ny24ijpg.jpg

These free Tesco erections... they'll be 2 dimensional erections once they have been forced out of the slot that the tenners are delivered through,

Very long, quite wide and extremely flat! No wonder their business is going all to cock.

I speak as someone with Welsh blood, but sadly it seems to me that the Celtic fringe suffers from a) languages whose native speakers are very much in a minority*, especially monoglot speakers b) not just rare but essentially dead languages that have to borrow words from other languages to describe any innovation later than the distaff c) the delusion that insisting on dual language in everything and stupidity like the silly cow protesting (and the Trust not having the guts to tell her to do one) about the doctor wanting to understand what was being said, is somehow their right. Some years back when come home to a real fire meant a holiday cottage in Wales, slogans painted on roadside rocks urged 'Cymru Rhydd' which funnily enough was lost on most visitors and their fellow countrymen.

* Particularly the Mebyon Kernow knobs who want to revive a language that has been totally dead for nearly 300 years.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Do you get Tesco points with each erection?