Terry Wogan to hand over to Chris Evans

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sir_Burton_Dassett, Sep 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard the announcement from Sir Terry that he is to standown in the New Year to be replaced by Chris Evans. The peaceful but humorous drive to work will not be the same! :(

2. Chris Evans (Radio 2) v. Chris Moyles (Radio 1).
    That could be interesting as they hate each other.
    Well, about as interesting as my fecal matter really.

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I've always hated Chris Evans' DJ work, from the days when he was on Radio 1. I know he does a lot of good stuff outside the Radio, but his Radio Show is pants.

I'd rather listen to Lisa Tarbuck at the start of my day. She's been great whilst the 'one-joke wonder' Ross has been away for the Summer.

Shame that Wogan won't be inflicted on a fourth generation of my family; it's a heredity thing!

4. No Wogan will be a tragedy but I guess He deserves a lie in now he's in his 70s. Chris Evans is very irritating and will not improve my mood in the early morning traffic.

5. Won't be the same.... Surely?

Sorry, nit-picking. This is indeed bad news for a Monday morning. Evans is a self-obsessed git and an irritating little twerp of the first water! I adore Sir Terry - but he's not getting any younger, bless him.

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I used to intensely dislike the Evans, but having endured his late afternoon show for a while, I now have a degree of tolerance.
    Wogan is a master broadcaster and raconteur, I will miss his early morning lunacy. And what will become of Janet and John?

7. Ive just heard this morning too.

Shame. His inane ramblings were just great. No more janet and john!

I quite like Chris Evans but feel he is more suited to the drive home show.

What about Richard Allison for the breakfast show? Johnny Walker would be great but he reduced his hours to just sunday afternoons, so I guess he's out of the equation?

bye bye Sir Terry.

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Richard Allinson has done a good job during Wogan's holidays, as has JW, but I think JW has been too ill to take it on. I'd certainly prefer RA or even Aled Jones to Chris Evans. Lisa would be my fave, though.

9. old_fat_and_hairy

I prefer the Tarbuck girl too, but for massively different reasons. RA is good as well though. Let's hope Ken Bruce remains untouched. Personally I think they should bring back Jimmy Young!

10. I have radio 2 on on the way to work and back again and to compare is not possible, Wogan = brilliant, smiling all the way to work, ginger twaaaaaaat = wanting to put fist through the radio. Would be better if Allison or Alex Lester were taking over

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Oh, no! 'What's the recipe today, Jim?' and the 'Leagle Beagle'? Never. And the music he played? YIK!

12. I like the All Request Friday show that Evans does,but i cannot see people ringing up with good tunes on their way TO work.

Also Janet and John.....piss myself every time!

All good things must come to an end,shame though. Does that mean the TOGS are on their way out too,someone better tell them.

Farewell Sir Terry.

13. old_fat_and_hairy

Ah, but what about Bruce Vogle, the vet? had me in stitches. As for music, what's wrong with Issy Bonn? Or Vic Oliver? Or the Andrews Sisters?

14. A sad loss no doubt, and if you had to pick someone to replace Sir Terry then I suppose to attract the younger audience then Evans it is.

Personally I would go for Richard Allinson, and while we're at it get rid of Sarah Kennedy who deserves to go through restoring efficiency she's off sick so often and let Aled have that slot.

Also get rid of Steve Wright in the afternoon, can't stand the twat talks over the songs or worse tries to sing along and replace him with Miss Tarbuck.

Stuart Maconie should get the drive time slot.

15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Totally agree about Steve Wright. Even the TRAILERS for his programme annoy me.

Stuart would be good at Drive Time, but I still think Evans at Breakfast will cost them listeners. Me I'll be off to Planet Rock, and many will go to Classic FM.

In fact, Rick Wakeman would make a bl))dy good breakfast time presenter. His Saturday morning show is infinitely better than the dribble Jonathan Ross spurts nowadays.