• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Terry Patchett - Who is the best character?

Which is the best Discworld character?

• Commander Sir Samuel Vimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lord Vetinari

• Cpl St.John De Nobbes

• Capt Carrot

• Sgt Angua

• Archancellor Ridcully

• The Librarian

• Granny Weatherwax

• Nanny Ogg

• CMOT Dibbler

• Total voters
Just building on the other Pratchett thread I was curious to know which of Pratchetts characters every one liked.
They are almost all very well written but which ones do you go straight out to buy a book for when you know that they will be in it? Which one do you always root for or feel most empathy with?

From that list, probably the Librarian. Overall though, Death comes out top by a country mile.

THERE'S NO JUSTICE. THERE'S JUST ME.

sm.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Tough question. Voted for Vimes. The tie breaker was "the only thing that depressed him more than his own cynicism was that it never turned out to be enough".

Although Vetinari is just plain cool. I want to BE Vetinari.

And Cpl Nobby Nobbs is brilliant. And Foul ole Ron. And Gaspode the wonder dog.

Bugger. Like nearly all of his characters.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have a soft spot for Detritus the Troll, as well as Mrs Cakes from The Shades. Vimes is a beautifully simple seeming yet very complex character.

Nobby Nobbs is a prime example of ...........whatever he is, and Angua is terribly sexy.

Both Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax are saucy witches and very likeable.
Death is superb, and Vetinari is the best tyrant ever.

Latest Threads