Terry Jones RIP

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Monty Python star Terry Jones has died at the age of 77, after having lived with dementia, his agent has said. .

RIP Funny Man

Wonder if he's humming always look on the bright side of life

RIP. He was a very naughty boy! (I realize said by him rather than about him, but ...)

'The comedian died at his home in North London on the evening of January 21 with his wife Anna Soderstrom by his side, a statement from his family said. “Over the past few days his wife, children, extended family and many close friends have been constantly with Terry as he gently slipped away,” it read. “We have all lost a kind, funny, warm, creative and truly loving man whose uncompromising individuality, relentless intellect and extraordinary humour has given pleasure to countless millions across six decades.”

Just watched the clip on the BBC News where he was awarded a BAFTA. Clearly in the grip of advanced dementia, it was his son who spoke to the audience because Terry wasn’t able to. Dusty in here. RIP to a great comic writer and Historian.

exspy

LE
How many original members of the troupe are left?

Just watched the clip on the BBC News where he was awarded a BAFTA. Clearly in the grip of advanced dementia, it was his son who spoke to the audience because Terry wasn’t able to. Dusty in here. RIP to a great comic writer and Historian.
I hadn`t realised, until today, that he wrote quite a bit of the Two Ronnies material. He was, indeed, a quality writer and a master of his craft.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cleese,Palin,Idle,Gilliam

(Gun Brickie - are we related?)

Rest in Peace Terry - I will never be able to look Spam in the face without the Vikings coming to mind.

I hadn`t realised, until today, that he wrote quite a bit of the Two Ronnies material. He was, indeed, a quality writer and a master of his craft.

A good historian too, he was a guest lecturer at LJM university when my ex was there.
I tagged along so I could meet a python.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sorry to hear the news, not a great way to go. He helped entertain a generation.

Am reminded of an interview Eric Idle did in the early 90s about a Monty Python reunion. His (tongue-in-cheek) response was along the lines of Graham Chapman spoiling it by being dead, and that he should get up now and it isn't funny now.

As well as being annoyingly talented (Python, directing, good musician, very decent historian, author of kids' books), he was also a very decent bloke.

A friend of mine from university is a pretty talented singer, and despite being armed with an Oxford degree and the potential to be earning a decent wedge on graduation, went for, and got, a place at one of the big music academies.

News of this got into the college magazine or one of the alumni newsletters (I forget which). A short while later, she was opening her mail and discovered that one of the envelopes contained a note from one T Jones saying that he'd learned of her success in getting into the academy (well done!), that he knew that music scores she’d need were jolly expensive, and hoped that the enclosed cheque might go some way to helping with some of the costs.

She still says that she was torn between paying the money into the bank and going out, buying a frame and putting the cheque on the wall.

Farewell, Cardinal Biggles.

Terry Jones at his best with the rest of the crew...

RIP Terry - I'll watch some Monty Python tonight and raise a glass to him

Well obviously not now......He's dead.

No he's not, he's sleeping..................
Burn him just to make sure, just in case he's a witch