• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Terry at Sandhurst!!!

Hmmm

Personally I'd be more worried about the bloke getting onto the coach in the first place and not being found en route, than getting through security at the Factory gates. I'm sure that there are several on here who remember that one of PIRAs favourite targets was soft troop transport; pulling the instant death cord whilst on the bus would be far more effective than trying to get into RMAS and then finding enough bodies to make your point, before being caught.

If he did hop on at Calais how was he not found? According to the article, as I read it, he was concealed in the lavatory stairwell. Is someone seriously claiming that no one needed to have a waz between Dover and Camberley?*

He may well have concealed himself on board, and it most certainly is a serious security breach, but something about the story just does not smell right. Coaches are not priority targets for Channel hoppers due to the high possibility of being discovered. Freight transport, usually in the form of TIRs, is their preferred MOE. I am just wondering if this might turn out to be a set up of some type, Press or otherwise.

*The one possibility that I have just thought of is that he might have concealed himself in the drivers sleeping bay, which often has an access panel in the same stairwell.

Quote from the Currant Bun "He is expected to be sent to a detention centre and will be deported unless he applies for asylum".

Surely he should just be sent back to Afghanistan, it's not as if it's a dangerous place anymore !!!!

Yes I can confirm he was posing as an Overseas Cadet, he was un shaven, fat and asleep. He had also give the Colourman a nice watch...... When shaken he did not rouse, but said he was cold and why does it always rain?

Now that is Cam and Concealment.

What a total fcuk up. Highly embarrasing and highlighting a number of serious security breaches. Someone should have a new arrsehole ripped for that one. I see they are blaming the driver though!

lol, whatever happened to duty bod checking the bus? and the driver should have checked it...... Then there was the customs lot who probably just waved the MOD 90 bearing crew straight through........ The gate guards at Sandhurst have little to blame in this calamity of errors.......

Still at least he hadnt set up camp by the lake and been found having bashed up there for a couple of weeks ;)

Just embarrassing all around

Pantsoff said:
Indeed. That man should be hired to teach escape and evasion. Afg across Europe to Surrey? Deserves a pat on the back. There are many people in the UK who cannot catch a bus across town without help.

I would have thought that a short spell in the Guard House followed by a 'normal day' at RMAS - drill, assualt course (do not forget the tunnel under the pitches and the swim across the lake), death by Power Point etc - would have had him begging to be put on the next plane home.

Pantsoff said:
Yes I can confirm he was posing as an Overseas Cadet, he was un shaven, fat and asleep. He had also give the Colourman a nice watch...... When shaken he did not rouse, but said he was cold and why does it always rain?

Straight to the naafi bar for you sir, exactly the kind a wit required

:D :D :D

The chap had a very lucky escape! the bus was full of Royal Engineers on their way back from germany... the poor lad if discovered enroute could well have found himself at the mercy of Bunny Bubbler, Bunny Chairman & Mister Weights & Measures now THAT would have been a worthy news headline! 8O

Worse still he may have been thrown into the deep end and been made to play a game of Fizz, Buzz, Bang that wouldn't have been funny!

The army barrier technician man must have been asleep that day eh. I'm sure it will never happen again.

quick shut the gate, oops the horse has already bolted fcuking w_ankers :D

jaybee2786 said:
The army barrier technician man must have been asleep that day eh. I'm sure it will never happen again.

quick shut the gate, oops the horse has already bolted fcuking w_ankers :D
There was a horse on the coach? And the guard didn't notice that, either?

Latest Threads