Terrs sue Britain

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Dec 31, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

This might be old news, but I heard on the radio that the Mau-Mau terrorists, (now being described as 'veterans' !) are to take legal action against the British Government.

They claim that during the Kenyan Emergency it was the Brits that committed atrocities ! 8O
    Of course we know that the Mau-Mau practised passive resistance in the true spirit of Ghandi......
    Time to play 'The World Turned Upside Down' !

This will probably cause much rending of garments and gnashing of teeth in the Bliar household.
    The Glorious Leader would do anything to aid the terrs and put the Army down, thereby showing that everything that occurred before his tenure was the 'Dark Ages.'
    The WMF sits in a similar predicament, should she earn another fortune by representing these savages, or should she stand by the snake-in-the-grass she married ?
    Decisions, decisions......

But in the spirit of the season of goodwill I will join Tony & Cheries' well-wishers.

I wish they'd bloody fall down one !

2. I understand their agreement was Cherry earns the money Tone delivers the glory.
    john

3. Sorry but I understood it as she fcuks the legal system, he hides the outcome in new legislation.

4. Jambo, Bwana Cuts, Habare?

ISTR that the majority of Mau Mau victims were black Africans...

5. Doubtless based upon the pseudo-gangs? Doubt if we'd be allowed such actions nowadays - much too positive.

6. link to a piece in today's S Times by one David Anderson, author of the cheerily-entitled 'Histories of the Hanged: Britain’s Dirty War in Kenya'.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1422201,00.html

Article is interesting for attempts to draw parallels with Iraq - including the Black Watch! - and successful operation in 1954 to arrest terrorists in Nairobi townships:
    Interesting also to be reminded: