Terrorists use Google maps to hit UK troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rumrunner, Jan 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been done already. Did a check but couldn’t see any mention.

Terrorists 'use Google maps to hit UK troops'

By Thomas Harding in Basra

I guess it had to happen. I wonder for how long Terrorists have been making use of this facility?
  2. Like all the bases in Germany, the UK and everywhere else? You'd have thought that there would have been some sort of security issue raised with 'Google' and other providers.
  3. I thought google earth had reverted all its Iraq overheads to pre invasion? havent been on google earth for a while, I prefer flash earth myself
  4. they have but take a look at shaiba , its not hard to work out distances and where troops are likely to be
  5. Had a look on it the other day and I couldnt find OSB which i had a place marker on.
  6. Pretty much all the Iraq coverage has reverted to pre-invasion stuff. Take a look at Basra airport or Balad for example.
  7. I was on it the other day, British stuff I could not find, American bases were still easy to come by via the forums.
  8. Google world
    (Daily Telegraph letters)