Terrorists Mortar Explodes Pre-Maturely

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Aug 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. been done already mate

3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

twice

4. still worth seeing again though!!

5. It's not only been posted in another thread, but this is the third time that Trip has posted this.

The last two times, I subtly dropped hints (like repeatedly posting the entire first page of the other thread, then deleting it) that led to him deleting the topic.

But no, he has to post it a third time.

I dunno, you try to do a bloke a favour....

6. Thats the 'How Not To Do It Video' I guess

7. Alzheimers. Have a heart :p

8. Alzheimers is great actually. You get to meet new people every day.

9. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I posted and deleted the same video, before. I didn't like the way I had to use a service to post the video, so I deleted it. Today, I found a source to avoid having to use the service to post the video. I may have posted it in testing ways to show the video without using the service that I used, however all were deleted VERY shortly (Within seconds.) of being posted.

I went through all the currant posts and didn't find any mention or thread on this video. A lot depends on how it was titled on a search.

The 'My Stuff' page which lists all my posts, only shows todays post on this video. I'd like to see (3) posts from me on this subject, if they are here. Or, even the supposed other post and it's title.

BTW: I never got any messages from you public or PM on this subject. Are you sure your talking about the same post?

10. Trip,

You posted two identical threads, within two minutes of each other.

This was at silly o'clock in the morning, so rather than make you look a cnut, I replied in one of them, posting the first page of the previously posted 4 (or was it 5?) page thread. I gave you about 2 minutes to notice that there was a reply, then deleted my post. (The absence of a following post allows you to delete your original, so apart from the half dozen people on line at the time, nobody would be any the wiser).

Both your posts were still there for a further 5 minutes, so I repeated the post and left it a further 2 minutes before deleting it again. Shortly afterwards, you deleted one of the posts (incidentally, not the one that I'd replied on).

After waiting a few minutes to see if you would delete the remaining post (and you didn't), I repeated the action again. This time I checked what you were looking at - initially something else, but when I re-checked, you were reading my post.

To prevent you posting after my reply, I immediately deleted my post (though it would still have been open on your screen). Shortly afterwards, you deleted this second post.

If your memory requires further jogging, you then looked up my profile and browsed through MY previous posts. (Some of the functions on this site are great, aren't they?).

As to not sending you a PM, I find that many people only check their PMs when they log on, so you probably wouldn't notice until next time, by which time other people would be going through the routine of "been done already, mate etc."

Anyway, that's explained it for anybody interested.

edited to add: When looking through my previous posts, you would have come across my comments on the earlier posting of the video.

Further edit: Here's the link to the earlier post: http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=75362/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

11. Who cares ?Ive not seen it before.Funny as feck .Pay back I think . Nice one trip wire cheers!

12. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

putteesinmyhands:

I never saw or read anything from you on the deleted posts, Perhaps, I deleted them before I read the post. They were only on the board for seconds. In anycase, I just never saw a thing from you. Thanks for trying to warn me anyway!

So, there is now only two posts on this subject! I NEVER had (3) posts on here, as I deleted my two earlier attempts, as soon as I posted them. There is only ONE post from me on the subject on this board at this time.

Like a couple of posters said, it's worth watching a couple of times. I'm sure it wasn't the first time I have posted a dupe and I doubt that it will be the last time.

13. x2 - Good video!