Terrorists Hijack War Memorial.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Oct 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Sickening!These are not servicemen,to hijack a war memorial to remember their own beggers belief!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8299128.stm

[​IMG]

2. While it is intensely irritating that these terrorist organisations should so pretensiously parade their past activities the memorials in question are very muted and in a reasonably secluded place in comparison with the prolific memorials to republican terrorists.
    Some of those memorials are very public and are excessively agressive and intimidating. Many are on busy main roads and in villages where the families of the victims have to pass them regularly while the memorials and tributes to innocents and to the security forces have to be hidden away to avoid malicious damage.
    And it is unlikely that planning permission has been sought for any of them.
    It is a pity that any of these - the memorials lauding the activities of criminals that is - are so blatantly displayed. However as we permitted one group to do this then we can hardly stop others.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

This one is right next to the Bangor ring road,which is the main arterial route past Bangor on the way to Groomsport ect.It can be seen from the ring road by thousands every day.

4. Sorry Spike,
    point taken - I did not realise it was quite so public.

5. Obscene. :puker:

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

No probs,
    Quite ironic really because on the gable wall of a house opposite is one of the famouse UVF ect murels which covers the entire side.

7. Thank feck I don't live there anymore.

They're cheeky barstewards. What makes me chortle is the fact that they call themselves "D Coy". Ironic

As a side note, as they're volunteers, do you think they're on stand-down for the next six months aswell?