Terrorists destroy national icon.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ozduke, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Shanklin Pier ?

Ooops that went 20 years or so ago.

If they had really been terrs then they would should have taken out all WSM! :twisted:
  2. [quote="Auld-Yin]If they had really been terrs then they would should have taken out all WSM! :twisted:[/quote]

Would anyone notice?
  3. Shame Jeff Archer wasn't fishing off the end.

Or was he?!
  4. its the noble orginisation did for Brightons west pier allegedly :twisted: now they can't help themselves if its a pier must get matches :twisted:
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yep - Brighton Pier - looked like it was an awfully expensive job and very difficult to get it rebuilt (alf'n'safety dontcha know) - but, mysteriously, it burned down.

Now this place - just been bought, no doubt done a structural survey . . . and it burns down.

Now, Hastings Pier on the other hand; just been bought, loads of wrangles with the council who are trying to close it down unless loads of work gets done, very expensive for the owners . . . . .
  6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Let's hope the next pier is Piers Morgan.
  7. :clap:

Was hoping this was gonna be a thread about AQ blowing up that fat munter Katona
  8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Dont think even AQ would risk international condemnation for whale hunting...
  9. Seems we have a few slightly mis-informed people on here.

The pier had been bought AND DONE UP - lots of money had been spent. Also the report on the radio more or less narrowed it down to deep fat friers causing the blaze - not terrorists.

Come to think of it though - they said that the friers were found in the area where the fire is believed to have started.

But, they could have, meant FRIARS. So it might have been terrorists from some fanatical religious group after all.

10. Good drills that man! :D

Countryside: the act of murdering Piers Morgan! :w00t:
  11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Another one for 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue'.

Mrs. Trellis.
  12. Err...don't see any mention of Terrorists in the linked article. Not even the Scum are that stupid.
  13. I wonder how well insured it was. Maybe a case of "Jewish lightning"?
  14. I was hoping this was going to be about Cyclops.
    Wrong again.