Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Terrorist or Peace-Maker? Interview with Gerry Adams

Is Gerry Adams a Terry or Peacemaker

• Total voters
I have not, in any of my posts suggested killing anyone or supported anyone who has. I do however have my feet firmly on the ground and see this man for what he actually is.

The gap between PIRA and PSF is the same one as is between PIRA and the RIRA, non existent.

western said:
(1) I have not, in any of my posts suggested killing anyone or supported anyone who has. (2) I do however have my feet firmly on the ground and see this man for what he actually is.

(3) The gap between PIRA and PSF is the same one as is between PIRA and the RIRA, non existent.

1. I didn't suggest you had: but Tropper seemed to.

2. You think I don't? :?

3. Correct. No genius required to figure that out. So what? :roll:

So we are in loud agreement then?

The so what was just that, he has preserved his negotiating position by claiming that PSF are somehow distant from PIRA. The British Government also accepted this as they could not be seen to negotiate directly with terrorists. Prior to the Good Friday agreement he was constntly 'seeking the opinions of PIRA and the Army Council", i.e. the people he shared the office with.

Peace-Maker? That`s what Gerry Adams needs, the 45 version
either between the eyes or if you prefer in the guts, so that the pleasure lasts a bit longer.

western said:
The British Government . . . could not be seen to negotiate directly with terrorists.

Nor - as they belatedly accepted, post Thatcher, and post-Canary Wharf - could they 'defeat' the 'RA, nor could they bear the continuing economic cost of even occasional feckoff-great-big-bangs in UK.

So they swallowed their pride, and got on with it.

(And at some point in the future we will have to do likewise in a certain dusty country, far away, of which we know very little, or we will be stuck there indefinitely and indecisively, for decades)

So do you really believe that 'the war is over'? I for one do not.

As for our last two foolish overseas adventures, the sooner we get out the better as far as I am concerned.

Stonker said:
western said:
So do you really believe that 'the war is over'? I for one do not..

Mebbe not for good - but for Gerry it is: he hasn't any troops to speak of any more.

With his wad in the bank and the week-end house in Inishowen, he has no need to be involved in the next round.

Stonker said:
western said:
So do you really believe that 'the war is over'? I for one do not..

Mebbe not for good - but for Gerry it is: he hasn't any troops to speak of any more.
I do think the fat lady sung on The Troubles back in the last century. There'll always be a residual level of violence... it's traditional but the long war is over.

But Gerry may have need of the old knuckle-draggers and the arms they retained. The Provos could end up exiting the way the Stickies did.

The way things are going for SF I'd not rule out a serious intra-Chuckie feud in the run up to the humiliating anniversary of 2016. Politically their all Ireland strategy has failed, the DUP run circles round them in Stormont and they are fast losing all respect from the feral young ones on the streets.

Last time was back in Belfast I heard dissident Republicans where probing at some SFs unpopular PC policies such as tolerance to immigrants especially of the dusky variety and being less than zealous in opposing abortion.

If that space opens up in the politics there's a significant ultra-conservative base available to the dissidents, much of it too young to remember the sordid realities of PIRAs war. Troubles II might even have some romantic appeal to them.

Stonker said:
tropper66 said:
If the 600 lbs found last week is anyting to go by some of his old mates,who were the real footsoldiers of PIRA are not happy that their former leaders are now with their heads well into political pig trough

See Alib on page previous.

They've nothing to do with Gerry, and bastards like that have been part of the island's 'cultural heritage' literally since before history.

They are grudge-laden criminal pigs for whom the Republican cause offers some kind of romantic legitimacy to conceal from themselves as much as anyone, the simple fact that they are no more than sociopath thugs.

I'm sorry but every time PIRA "accidentally" killed innocent people, Gerry Adams and SF distanced themselves and said they were not responsible for the actions of the men of violence. If they had accepted responsibility they would have been thrown out of the "peace process".
They stood side by side with the likes of McKevvit for years and stood by as control of the PIRA munitions in South Armagh were handed over to RIRA/CIRA. They could still give most of the names to the PSNI, but they won't because having timely reminders of what republicanism can do helps their cause ("they haven't gone away you know")

If you do nothing to stop the violence then you share the responsibility

Herrumph said:
("they haven't gone away you know")

If you do nothing to stop the violence then you share the responsibility

Jeezus H fecking Christ: In your mind have I become some kind of apologist for this tw@t?

The simple fact of life as at NOW is that - by signing himself up for the Westminster pig-trough, Adams has effectively cut himself off from the support of most of the knuckle-draggers whose 'talents' he exploited for 3 decades'

Right now he's rich, fat, (self) important and unable to fight a war any more.

That is just how it is,

And one of the facts of life - is that whether you, or I, or the families of the friends and soldiers of mine, or those of Ulsterfolk of whatever denomination killed by PIRA minions responding to the thoughts of Chairman Gerry happen to like it - he is unconvicted of any crime under UK law, and the price of rendering him toothless has been that he gets to be called (through gritted teeth) the Rt Hon Gerry Adams MP, while his former troops puke at the sight of him and McG giggling in the company of the Archbigot of Paisley.

Is that not clear enough for you?

Stonker said:
the price of rendering him toothless has been that he gets to be called (through gritted teeth) the Rt Hon Gerry Adams MP, while his former troops puke at the sight of him and McG giggling in the company of the Archbigot of Paisley.

Actually he's not Rt Hon, just Hon. Unless he's a member of the Privy Council.

When he's elected a member of the Queen's closest advisers, above the Lords and Advocates and part of the highest court of justice for British Overseas Territories and Protectorates, with a regular audience with Her Majesty and the power to partake in parliamentary process behind closed doors, then it really is the end of the world.

Although saying that Lord Mandelson is Chair of it, so perhaps the end is closer than we think. :roll: