Terrorist bombs in the Ukraine ahead of Euro 2012

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ex_colonial, Apr 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. there's a bit of a conspiracy buzz around this with a bit of a political spin. however ignoring that islamists wouldn't have targeted the place "before" the futbol games. and the area is supposedly in a predominantly Russian area. Though I wondered why the news on the box or on this website didn't mention it.??..

2. Plus the fact that the Ukraine as an EX USSR & not Russia would not appear to be a logical Chenyan variety of nutters target! Strange that I only picked the story up from Al Jareera in English & not the BEEB!

3. BBC do not do news anymore only comment.

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It's been on the BBC most of the day:

BBC News - Blasts injure 27 in east Ukraine city of Dnipropetrovsk

5. I thought that until I started holidaying in the Crimea. The Crimean Tatars have been stirred up by Turkish imams and are being "Wahhabised"

6. erm I should have mentioned that I was talking about yesterday.

7. /images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Brotherton Lad /images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
    It's been on the BBC most of the day.

ditto

8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I was replying to EC; however it was also on the BBC yesterday lunchtime, as can be seen from the date-line on the article.

'27 April 2012 Last updated at 13:13'.

9. Oh bols, yet strangely absent from the 6 and or 10 o'clock news. (I'm pretty sure it was the international news segment you kno')that's why I use the web for news, then again without the media you'd never really hear about anything :p (although wouldn't that be a blessing?)ah well. appleogeez., back on topic? seems unlikely really as no one has owned up, so it will remain cyclical speculation.

10. No one claimed responsibility.

There are two possibilities:

1. Neo-Nazi West-Ukrainian groups who have strong political and financial support in US and Canada. They can do it to send a "message" to Eastern Ukraine where pressure mounts to integrate Ukraine into the union of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, -- a union both the West and West-Ukraine opposed to.

2. Mafia wars between local Jewish clans which has been going on for over a year.

The second is more probable.

11. It's the Ukraine, it's often difficult to peel apart the state and pipelines and gangsters, I'd not even rule out black flag stuff.

12. Ruling "elites" (and in power, and in opposition, and in the shadows) in Ukraine are all gangsters. And now they are re-dividing their turf...

13. Interesting that this should be bumped, the Ukraine seems to have been given the cold shoulder by the eu (Yesterday?//it's early)regarding a particular sporting event, --- also is that speculation of the jewish mafia/bombers?.. christ's sakes that's all we need.