Terrorist attack in Nice, France 14 Jul 16

There has been an incident in France which is being reported as a terrorist attack - a truck driven into a crowd, and possibly shooters. 'Many deaths' and injuries are reported.

BBC News has the details

This comes just after the French government announced that they wouldn't extend the state of emergency imposed after the last attacked.

A reminder that this is in CA, so the usual rules apply.

I'm hoping it's a Glasgow type thing, but I'm pessimistic. Especially with rumours coming through of shootings.

RIP

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
How do you know that it's a terrorist attack at this point.

Not a dig
Because French officials have stated that it is!

It's sickening, bloody sickening after all that's gone on in France recently and now this.
RIP.

Dozens of people have been killed in the French Riviera city of Nice tonight when a truck ploughed into crowds watching a fireworks display on France's Bastille Day national holiday, the mayor said on Twitter.

BFM TV said at least 30 were dead after the truck drove through people on the famed Promenade des Anglais on the Nice seafront. BFM said local authorities were treating the incident as an attack. Almost exactly eight months ago Islamic State militants killed 130 people on a Friday night in Paris in November.

Truck attacker kills dozens in Nice

no doubt committed by yet another mental drug addict.

i wonder what religion the killer was out of interest?

RIP all those killed in this senseless attack.

Mail is reporting 50 dead....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Third thread

Difficult to confirm about the shootings due to the fireworks going off for Bastille Day apparently and not everyone in their back garden has heard the bad news and celebrations are continuing in parts of the city

On Sky News, Nice on Bastille Day. Initial reports were 30 killed, now mentioning 60.

Pictures of a white truck, bullet holes in the windscreen. Apparently the driver exchanged fire with the Police and subsequently killed. Concerns obviously that the truck may have explosives onboard

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Plus at least 100 injured. Pics of the truck seems to show some kind of structure on the front.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There's a picture of the lorry with lots of bullet holes in the windscreen. Something went down

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dozens of people have been killed in the French Riviera city of Nice tonight when a truck ploughed into crowds watching a fireworks display on France's Bastille Day national holiday, the mayor said on Twitter.

BFM TV said at least 30 were dead after the truck drove through people on the famed Promenade des Anglais on the Nice seafront. BFM said local authorities were treating the incident as an attack. Almost exactly eight months ago Islamic State militants killed 130 people on a Friday night in Paris in November.

Truck attacker kills dozens in Nice

no doubt committed by yet another mental drug addict.

i wonder what religion the killer was out of interest?

RIP all those killed in this senseless attack.
This is your first post for 12 days.

Your gleeful rush to keyboard at what might be another vile Islamist outrage is nauseating.

Edit: 7 SABCs so far from the usual hard of thinking suspects. Most Illuminating.

Yes yes yes not as nauseating as the murders / Doogooders rushing to defend them Cont. P.94

Last edited:
Only last month the head of the French intelligence serivices stated he thought France was just a couple of terrorist outrages away from civil war.

FailyScaley

War Hero
Hearing that there are hostages taken in La Meriden hotel.

Sounds pretty fluid atm.

Bastards.

France 2 reporting Hollande heading back to Paris to chair a crisis meeting and has declared this a terrorist attack.

Latest Threads