Terror suspects win High Court case on secret evidence

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Dec 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet again a victory for the rights of one over many.
  2. Arrse - I should have posted this in Current Affairs, News and Analysis shouldn't I?
  3. And how long would it be until this "secret evidence" excuse was used against ordinary people. We have some evidence you may be doing something at somepoint on someday, (and you disagree with our politics) to jail with you.
  4. Vampires right, "Secret Evidence", would be so easy a power to abuse. We already have Authorities using Anti terror laws to Spy on Wheely bin use and for following People to see if they live near the school they want their kids to go to.
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

This is a good result, remember the old man being nicked under anti terrorist legislation for daring to disagree with Jack Straw at the labour party conference? How long before this thing gets abused for political reasons?
  6. Fcuk off. I'd sooner die in a train bombing than face imprisonment based on 'secret evidence' which may or may not exist in my own country...
  7. Yesterday (Early this morning), we lost some more legal rights, legal rights our forefathers fought hard to gain, They fought for these rights for themselves and later generations. They would be shocked and disgusted that we have given them away so meekly.

I tried to explain that you no longer had a the right to silence to my neighbour this morning, she was more interested in knowing if we had watched "I am a nobody get me out of here"!

The law is now stacked against us, we now have Big Brother with all it's CCTV, and methods of prying into your privacy.... and their under educated sheep, the X Factor watching PROLES, George Orwell must be quietly chuckling to himself in his grave on how accurate his predictions were.

8. I would have thought "shitheapforthethingummybobwhatdoyacallit"
  9. The Chilcott Enquiry seems to be throwing up scenarios where both UK Diplomats and High Commissioners have been marginalised from information relevent to the security of this country by the B.Liar kitchen cabal.

Ergo if this particular B.Liar cabal have no respect for it's most senior civil servants, the citizens have no chance. I have grown to have no trust or faith in the workings of this government when it's comes to the honest regard and safety of the rank and file. With hindsight, we should have put the whole cabal on Tarrants - ' Who wants to be a Millionaire' and be rid of them. I'm on side with Shami Chakrabarti on this one.
  10. msr

msr LE

Like this you mean: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/25/jfl_ripa_opinion/
  11. The right to silence and the right to a fair trial used to be fundemental in this country.
    These rights were hard gained and created by men far greater than any of the selfserving scum we have in power now.
    Can any of you ever see these rights being restored to us?
  12. They will be one day. It's just a question of how many people will have to die to make it happen.
  13. Do you trust all Judges?I seem to remember the Police wanted a warrent for some highly placed kiddy fiddlers,the judge warned them and they all scarpered to Belgium well known for It´s liberalism in this perversion.