Terror suspects Iraq kidnap plea

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Psypher, Dec 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :? I can't work this one out, what's his motivation for this?

From BBC news: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4506970.stm

2. What sort of deal has he struck with the CPS? It could be what is driving him.
  3. Is he still on his way to Jordan??
  4. Perhaps to avoid deportation to Jordan, which no doubt would be a death sentence?
  5. Frankly I don't give a damn what his incentive is. If it stops the hostages being killed , it's all to the good.
  6. I couldn't agree more, hopefully they will be influenced more by one of their own.
  7. One thing puzzles me though.....

Why haven't the Government made more of a noise that we actually appear to have in our possession a bonafide , 110%, 24 carat badmash for a change?
  8. Because it goes against the current media trend?
  9. That is if the Brigades of Swords of Right in Iraq is an Al-Qaeda front and not a front for a bunch of ex-Baathists.
    I personally think Qatada is making this appeal as noted cleric and enemy of the British State. If it was Al Qaeda, I just feel that we would have heard more from this group.
  10. There seems something a little strange about the message to me.

What does "if there was no compelling religious duty against it" supposed to mean? And why mention the name of the jail, there doesn't seem any necessity to.
  11. Mentioning the jail to confirm he is who he says he is. Court records and such like that are in the public domain. As for the other sh!t he spouted, I've no idea.
  12. Because Kember in Qatada's eyes is not an invader or supporter of those who would occupy Islamic land. Therefore there is no obligation or fard ‘ayn to attack someone like Kember and so fight against the inavder. On the jail, I don't think it's that a big secret, it's not like Full Sutton is good enough to be a secret CIA jail :wink:
  13. Ah OK I get it now, I was mistakenly reading it more like "unless you have a higher religious reason not to release them" :oops:

Thanks castlereagh for putting me straight.