Terror Attacks in Europe

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Do they have a Museum to commemorate the killing of Algerians by Algerians? Both sides committed awful atrocities in their Civil war and needed no help from the French whatsoever.
You're not going to build a national narrative of martyrdom and oppression by rigidly sticking to the facts.

Unlike Catholicism there is no centralised source of doctrinal authority in sunni islam. Al Azar mosque in cairo has provided clarifications on dogma in the past but it tends to remain aloof in matters of jihad against the West. The result is that the army of corner shop faithful fall under the spell of whichever snake oil salesman calls for war against the West.

Plus as Islam never had a reformation, the Koran has to be taken literally. It cannot be altered, or interpreted like the Bible. So if some inadequate nutbag reads "kill the unbelievers whereever you find them" he can take that literally if he wants to.

Have a look at that product of the Reformation in the US known as the "independent Christian churches". There are loads of them full of frothing loonies, each church claiming to be holding fast to the literal word of God as revealed in the Bible, and each disagreeing vehemently with all other churches.

The idea that the Koran has to be read literally is as meaningless with respect to Islam as is the idea that the Bible has to be read literally for those Christian churches who insist on it. In both cases if a literal reading of the relevant book actually revealed anything then there wouldn't be thousands of individual congregations shouting anathemas at the heretics who also insist on a literal reading. Somehow literal meaning has become something that can only be understood by a special priesthood who then educate their congregation on how that literal meaning should be applied in today's world.

The reason why the majority of nominal Christians are not frothing loonies has little to do with the nature of Christian doctrine and more to do with the widespread apathy with respect to religion in general through most of Western society.

I think that Catholicism is a great analogy. Loads of Catholics go to church on Sunday and spend an hour in their pews on auto-pilot while what the priest says goes in one ear and out the other. They go to church so they can be seen going to church, and they're members of the church so they can have their weddings and funerals as part of the church. Some church members take things seriously but they are a distinct minority even in countries which are almost entirely Catholic such as in South America. Religion still has an important cultural aspect for them, but people pick and choose for themselves which parts of doctrine they wish to follow and those which they want to quietly ignore.

France is continuing (IMHO) to head towards more terror 'incidents' on 2 fronts now (Pakistan and Africa).

The charming organisation that is Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) has only been mentioned once on Arrse (by @SkippedOnce in another thread) but I am guessing they may be one to watch going forward.

The second link from our dear BBC is quite a good little article on the issues France have with West Africa.

My point, I suppose, is the outlook with regards to when or if a lot of this will come over to mainland Europe, France, and then UK. Apologies if this is covered in a 'France' thread or somewhere else.

Just as well we are not connected to France or have any immigration issues with that country. Oh, hang on a minute.......

_121959568_gettyimages-1228659658_maliprotest9764549.jpg

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
France is continuing (IMHO) to head towards more terror 'incidents' on 2 fronts now (Pakistan and Africa).

The charming organisation that is Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) has only been mentioned once on Arrse (by @SkippedOnce in another thread) but I am guessing they may be one to watch going forward.

The second link from our dear BBC is quite a good little article on the issues France have with West Africa.

My point, I suppose, is the outlook with regards to when or if a lot of this will come over to mainland Europe, France, and then UK. Apologies if this is covered in a 'France' thread or somewhere else.

Just as well we are not connected to France or have any immigration issues with that country. Oh, hang on a minute.......

View attachment 620215
Very interesting articles. I do wonder a little about the BBC one though, as the author is at Chatham house. In recent years, they seem to have lost any degree of impartiality over refugees, the impact of empire etc. There also seems to be a rich vein of moaning against the white man in African intellectual circles. We’ve very much brought that on ourselves in the last few years!

Apropos Pakistan and similar hell holes, the only solution IMV is to close our borders with them, expel their citizens, and freeze all their assets in our financial system. Pour encourages les autres…

Talking of empire - there was a Portuguese guy on Masterchef Professionals. They were going on how they can celebrate the cuisine of former colonies like Goa & Macau etc...

If my brief history is correct, the Portuguese were pretty harsh when it came to their colonies, worse than the Brits, yet there is very little stigma when they talk about their history in this way, it hasn't been weaponised against them.

The French are simply having chickens come home to roost, while the other European countries just hope no one mentions them, and no one rally seems to as far as the avergae person is concerned.

It's just the Brits who are the nasty evil slavers, crusher of cultures, the beast of the brown people...

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
Talking of empire - there was a Portuguese guy on Masterchef Professionals. They were going on how they can celebrate the cuisine of former colonies like Goa & Macau etc...

If my brief history is correct, the Portuguese were pretty harsh when it came to their colonies, worse than the Brits, yet there is very little stigma when they talk about their history in this way, it hasn't been weaponised against them.

The French are simply having chickens come home to roost, while the other European countries just hope no one mentions them, and no one rally seems to as far as the avergae person is concerned.

It's just the Brits who are the nasty evil slavers, crusher of cultures, the beast of the brown people...
Not to mention the vikings etc! That said, I did see a recent guardian comment decrying the « problematic » attitude of the Romans to slaves.

You couldn’t make it up…

View attachment 620215

Couple of local colleagues where I work are very wordy in their anti French and anti US outlook. Doesn't/didn't stop them locating their families to France (and Canada) to hoover up benefits paid for by the taxpayer though.

Pointing out the reality is a waste of time. The imam and their conspiraloon mates said so, thus it's true in their view.

As an aside, my chances of emigrating to Europe or North America are pretty close to zero. I know a couple of folks back home who tried to get into the US and after living and working there legally for a few years were sent back home as their applications for citizenship were refused. I'm totally baffled as to how these guys managed it.

Go to places like Angola and Moz and it's pretty clear the Portuguese shagged their way into control of the place. Could be part of the answer.

My bold sadly its what many believe but as for other countries in Africa, most forget the Germans, see here Herero and Namaqua genocide - Wikipedia
snip "The Herero and Namaqua genocide or the Herero and Nama genocide was a campaign of ethnic extermination and collective punishment waged by the German Empire against the Herero (Ovaherero), the Nama, and the San in German South West Africa (now Namibia). It was the first genocide of the 20th century,[5][6][7] occurring between 1904 and 1908."

Then we come to Tanganyika .. Tanzania to press Germany for damages for colonial era 'atrocities' | DW | 09.02.2017
snip "The Tanzanian government says it will seek compensation for tens of thousands of people who allegedly were starved, tortured and killed by German soldiers as they sought to put down rebellious tribes between 1905 and 1907."

Little seems to be known about their activities in other colonies/protectorates like Togo, Cameroon or Burundi!

My bold sadly its what many believe but as for other countries in Africa, most forget the Germans, see here Herero and Namaqua genocide - Wikipedia
snip "The Herero and Namaqua genocide or the Herero and Nama genocide was a campaign of ethnic extermination and collective punishment waged by the German Empire against the Herero (Ovaherero), the Nama, and the San in German South West Africa (now Namibia). It was the first genocide of the 20th century,[5][6][7] occurring between 1904 and 1908."

Then we come to Tanganyika .. Tanzania to press Germany for damages for colonial era 'atrocities' | DW | 09.02.2017
snip "The Tanzanian government says it will seek compensation for tens of thousands of people who allegedly were starved, tortured and killed by German soldiers as they sought to put down rebellious tribes between 1905 and 1907."

Little seems to be known about their activities in other colonies/protectorates like Togo, Cameroon or Burundi!
'The Kaiser's Holocaust'.
Interesting and disturbing book.

(...) As an aside, my chances of emigrating to Europe or North America are pretty close to zero. (...)
In the case of Canada you would apply as a pilot willing to work in remote areas flying things like Twin Otters. You could go in through either the Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry) or Provincial Nominee programs.

Another route I believe is to get a job under a temporary worker permit and then apply for permanent residency later. This also has the advantage of letting you try out life in Canada without making a permanent commitment from the start.

Canadian immigration policy is heavily oriented towards people with in-demand skills, and there are multiple programs run both federally and provincially for this.

Be wary of immigration consultants. The field is not regulated and is notorious for dodgy characters who take your money and do little or nothing for it.

There are supposedly about 50,000 South African immigrants in Canada, with about 5,000 arriving each year (pandemic aside). Your best bet would be to get connected with South Africans already in Canada and ask questions about how they did it, although the usual caveats apply with respect to individuals extrapolating their limited knowledge beyond what they really know about. UK immigrants would have relevant experience as well.

I believe there's at least one Canadian South African immigrant on ARRSE, I'm not sure if he has any better suggestions.

In the case of Canada you would apply as a pilot willing to work in remote areas flying things like Twin Otters. You could go in through either the Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry) or Provincial Nominee programs.

Another route I believe is to get a job under a temporary worker permit and then apply for permanent residency later. This also has the advantage of letting you try out life in Canada without making a permanent commitment from the start.

Canadian immigration policy is heavily oriented towards people with in-demand skills, and there are multiple programs run both federally and provincially for this.

Be wary of immigration consultants. The field is not regulated and is notorious for dodgy characters who take your money and do little or nothing for it.

There are supposedly about 50,000 South African immigrants in Canada, with about 5,000 arriving each year (pandemic aside). Your best bet would be to get connected with South Africans already in Canada and ask questions about how they did it, although the usual caveats apply with respect to individuals extrapolating their limited knowledge beyond what they really know about. UK immigrants would have relevant experience as well.

I believe there's at least one Canadian South African immigrant on ARRSE, I'm not sure if he has any better suggestions.
A good friend got Canadian residency and it took about 5 years from the start of the application and he had already spent a considerable time working there/had a clean record/good skill set as an aircraft and turbine engineer.

View attachment 620215

And that piece of shit and it's cohorts is likely to be coming this way illegally from Calais on those inflatables in the not-so-distant future.

Londo

LE
The "religion of peace" anything to do with this, by any chance?.

Just the sort to thing that would appeal to these vile scum, and their Leftwaffe supporters.
Like my old area . Once the 'newcomers' reached a majority of the local population they had to stop doing a Nativity Scene on the steps of the town hall as it kept getting vandalised .
Smashed up three years running .

While I think about it I'm wondering what happened to the clown who got onto a church roof ln that area some months back and smashed down the cross .
Trial was supposed to be in October but have heard nothing .

Latest Threads