Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terror Attacks in Europe

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
I was being ironic. His sentencing was well covered on the BBC, but not by other media outlets, however his conviction, on 20 October. was widely publicised at the time by multiple news outlets, including on BBC radio and TV. So why do you say "but nothing on [BBC] TV of course"?
My mistake then . The TV in this household is on most the day although I very rarely watch it I can hear what's on the news .
I had not seen or heard anything about this on TV and asked the wife who normally spends her time shouting at the telly if she had seen anything and the answer was in the negative .
Somehow must have missed it .

My mistake then . The TV in this household is on most the day although I very rarely watch it I can hear what's on the news .
I had not seen or heard anything about this on TV and asked the wife who normally spends her time shouting at the telly if she had seen anything and the answer was in the negative .
Bad drills. Get her a watch keeping clock like the one @endure has or set up a load of alarms on her tablet if she has one. Honestly. How does she expect you to stay informed if she's not doing her part? ;-p

1606052516561.png

Last edited:

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
If you get her a radio room clock she'll have to be silent 4 times an hour. 12 minutes of guaranteed peace and quiet for you ;-)
Spells of three minutes silence that finish with a sudden high volume shriek of outrage at something on the telly will not do my nerves a lot of good .

Shortly of going over iplayer, I didn't hear the sentence reported, but his case and conviction most definitely were in October.

I think the public would be surprised about the number of terrorism-related cases that go through the courts at any one time. Many have reporting restrictions in place which means they get little media coverage.

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Shortly of going over iplayer, I didn't hear the sentence reported, but his case and conviction most definitely were in October.

I think the public would be surprised about the number of terrorism-related cases that go through the courts at any one time. Many have reporting restrictions in place which means they get little media coverage.
I can understand the reporting restrictions during a terrorism related case for the sake of either not blowing the trial or for security concerns . However many of these cases on sentencing seem to be just a brief footnote in the MSM news these days .
Perhaps because there are so many of them .
That and what seems to me extremely light sentences in a lot of these cases .

I can understand the reporting restrictions during a terrorism related case for the sake of either not blowing the trial or for security concerns . However many of these cases on sentencing seem to be just a brief footnote in the MSM news these days .
Perhaps because there are so many of them .
That and what seems to me extremely light sentences in a lot of these cases .
Like deaths in NI at the peak of the Troubles

Possible terror attack in Switzerland.

So face slicing was involved, did they claim to be possessed and that the SPOTY of the year competition wasn't going as well as expected?

So face slicing was involved, did they claim to be possessed and that the SPOTY of the year competition wasn't going as well as expected?
Was she working from a list?

looks like its happened again in Austria Austria: Woman Attacks Rabbi In Vienna, Shouts Anti-Semitic Slurs - I24news
snip "A woman attacked a rabbi in Vienna, Austria, ripped his yarmulke off his head and waved a knife at him while shouting anti-Semitic slurs, news agency Associated Press reported Friday.
According to witnesses at the scene, the assailant, around 50 years old, approached the Jewish man, pulled the knife out of her hand bag and kicked his leg.
Then she yelled at the rabbi: “Slaughter all the Jews,” a Viennese Jewish organization told Austria’s public broadcaster, according to Hebrew-language outlet Ynet."

looks like its happened again in Austria Austria: Woman Attacks Rabbi In Vienna, Shouts Anti-Semitic Slurs - I24news
snip "A woman attacked a rabbi in Vienna, Austria, ripped his yarmulke off his head and waved a knife at him while shouting anti-Semitic slurs, news agency Associated Press reported Friday.
According to witnesses at the scene, the assailant, around 50 years old, approached the Jewish man, pulled the knife out of her hand bag and kicked his leg.
Then she yelled at the rabbi: “Slaughter all the Jews,” a Viennese Jewish organization told Austria’s public broadcaster, according to Hebrew-language outlet Ynet."

Is there a Momentum event going on in Vienna by any chance?

Well, it isn't exactly the first time Jews have been persecuted in that area.