Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terror Attacks in Europe

France is not what it was.

In the 1960s about 50 Algerian rioters went for a late-night swim in the Seine with their hands tied courtesy of the Gendarmerie. OK, a lot of the cops then were former Nazi collaborators, but such measures have a deterrent effect, and the recidivism rate is a constant 0%.

Much like the CIA is usually banned from working on US soil. It probably boils down to, "Don't tell us what you're up to and for God's sake don't get caught". ;)

What is the French equivalent to MI5?

IIRC, a mob called the DGSE.

It appears the Nice attack may not be isolated as another in Avignon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Must be some sort of coincidence.

Nothing to do with Islam of course. :rolleyes:

I wonder how the likes of BravoBravo will try disassociate these attacks from Muslims.

Give it time - they'll find a way.

In spite of the usual, "Cheese-eating Surrender Monkey" jokes, the Frogs can be every bet as ruthless as any other nation if pushed far enough.

And more so. Europe is at the tipping point, and from here on in, the corner may be turned where the decades of an over-arching ECHR and other human Rights guff comes to an end.

And not only in France.

The Pope needs to stop waffling on about supporting Gay Marriage and reform the Poor Fellow Brothers of the Holy Order of Christ and the Temple of Solomon. ;)

View attachment 516044
Strangely for a Scot I like the Knights of St John Hospitaller, plus it'd be easier keeping that black gear clean.

1603971749263.png

France is not what it was.

In the 1960s about 50 Algerian rioters went for a late-night swim in the Seine with their hands tied courtesy of the Gendarmerie. OK, a lot of the cops then were former Nazi collaborators, but such measures have a deterrent effect, and the recidivism rate is a constant 0%.

I always thought they should have done something similar with the immigrant who raped a German girl, then murdered her by drowning. Break his arms, chuck him in the Rhine and tell him if he makes it to the other side, he's a free man.

I always thought they should have done something similar with the immigrant who raped a German girl, then murdered her by drowning. Break his arms, chuck him in the Rhine and tell him if he makes it to the other side, he's a free man.
Just to correct a potential historical and jurisprudential inaccuracy, that should read “Break his arms and chuck him in the Rhine. If he makes it to the other side then he is guilty. If not, then the verdict is ‘innocent’ “

Just to correct a potential historical and jurisprudential inaccuracy, that should read “Break his arms and chuck him in the Rhine. If he makes it to the other side then he is guilty. If not, then the verdict is ‘innocent’ “

If the Court will allow, I would like to take this moment to thank the Learned Gentleman for his guidance in this matter, M'lud. :)

How many times does that have to be said before something actually does get done!
I agree.

Someone somewhere has decided that we (the West) can wear these levels of violence, as (in their mind) the cost of actually doing something is too great. Therefore, we'll have decades of this until we either get an NI style deal between communities, or a conflict.

Interestingly, while Military Orders are almost exclusively Catholic, there was a Protestant sect of the Teutonic Knights as well.
Hospitallers too, The Order of St John, recognised fraternally by the Sovereign Military Order of Malta/The Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem.

Hospitallers too, The Order of St John, recognised fraternally by the Sovereign Military Order of Malta/The Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem.

The Templars are arguably more famous, but the Hospitalliters were every bit as formidable on the battlefield, while also providing medical care for pilgrims etc.

Latest Threads