Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terror Attacks in Europe

Turkey is presenting itself as the place to immigrate for moslems residing in France...below an article from a TUR Gvt controlled media

An abstract which gives an idea...

Turkey, this country which is so talked about. as the last bulwark of Islam with a president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who is almost the only Muslim leader to speak out against the injustices suffered by Muslims around the world. Moreover, Erdoğan was once again the only one to react to French President Emmanuel Macron's plan to build an “Enlightenment Islam”.“Those who are disturbed by the rise of Islam attack our religion through the crises it provokes. Anti-Islam and anti-Muslim rhetoric is the most useful tool for Western politicians to cover up their failures, ” he said, while stressing that President Macron wanted to “ settle scores with Islam and Muslims ". Words that earned him thanks from millions of Muslims in France and elsewhere, who feel increasingly rejected, misunderstood, excluded and discriminated against because of their faith and way of life.

Is the Turkish welfare state as generous as the French one?. If not, this is a non-starter.

A little local difficulty for France in the Arab world right now,

This will polarize relationships and force to take side. It already happened in the past over the banning of the veil. At the time, many Western nations criticized France for this ban. I am not sure events proved them right...

This will polarize relationships and force to take side. It already happened in the past over the banning of the veil. At the time, many Western nations criticized France for this ban. I am not sure events proved them right...

I dont remember many western nations criticiseing, especially as most of western Europe have their own versions of bans.
I do remember left wing bellthronks complaining though.

I dont remember many western nations criticiseing, especially as most of western Europe have their own versions of bans.
I do remember left wing bellthronks complaining though.

The usual suspects (Amnesty International, the UN Human Rights Committee) have also criticized France for the veil ban, as late as October 2018 while the law dates back to 2010.

Depending on the nature of the attack, it is possible for it to be individuals/a group with either criminal connections or money to spend.

Or state sponsored like Russia's "Fancy Bear"

The usual suspects (Amnesty International, the UN Human Rights Committee) have also criticized France for the veil ban, as late as October 2018 while the law dates back to 2010.

They come under the leftwing bellthronks moniker

One of the reasons behind the call to boycott is that France has decided to train and educate its own imams rather than have foreign imams, often non francophones and with a nefarious agenda, detached to mosques based in France.

This particularly grates wirh Turkey which is losing a major way to influence moslems living in France

Last edited:
Hmm.. Turkey since radical Islamist Erdogan took over, is going back to the dark ages & beyond. He has started trying to re establish a new highly Islamic, Ottoman state. Even critics in his own country say so ...
snip "Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu has said that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s ideas are even more backward than those of the Middle Ages."
Copied across from the "Turkey" thread . . .

Turkey and The West

I am not sure if Turkey EVER considered “The West”, NATO, the EU . . . as a “friend” !!

As far back as I can remember, I have been suspicious of, and cynical about, Turkey’s motives – under whatever, whichever, earlier regime - of APPARENTLY embracing secular (non-religious), “western” values.

Previously Erdogan may not have been so overtly nationalistic and pro-Muslim . . . which seems to have been sufficient to allow those who deliberately wished to be misled, to be so disillusioned.

However, the EU having recently been forced to both, re-appraise Turkey’s behaviour and motives; and, to re-consider Turkey’s application to join the EU; has lifted the “veil” of Turkey’s deceit.

Such belated appreciation, and (thankfully) public realisation by the EU, has persuaded, allowed, Erdogan to abandon any pretence of civility . . . and, show his “true colours”.

Erdogan’s long-held ambitions and motives are now visible for all to see as incompatible with the “western” institutions he (previously) wanted to infiltrate and subvert . . . something that he is now doing OPENLY, with such brazen enthusiasm and satisfaction.

Last edited:
Erdogan's call to boycott French goods has already had an effect: the turkish lira has sunk to new depths !

:)

If Erdogan is clever he can blame it on Brexit and the MSM would lap it up

Bag of live ammo found near the Eiffel Tower.

I was hoping for a Team America sequel, although it would be a bit passé to blow up the Eiffel Tower again

Londo

LE

Snowy.

Old-Salt
Todays Charlie Hebdo... Erdoğan is pissed..

Last edited:

Latest Threads