Terror Attacks in Europe

For live news and analysis, it is. I haven't checked their website, but presumably it was there as well.
It is online. The story was covered. More widely, i think there is a government - lead push to emphasise Far Right terror, as a means of avoiding Muslims thinking that only their community is seen as a possible source of terror. I understand the government thinking in that respect but the outcome is a somewhat disproportionate coverage of XRW 'terror' (going by the numbers actively involved).

It is online. The story was covered. More widely, i think there is a government - lead push to emphasise Far Right terror, as a means of avoiding Muslims thinking that only their community is seen as a possible source of terror. I understand the government thinking in that respect but the outcome is a somewhat disproportionate coverage of XRW 'terror' (going by the numbers actively involved).
I can't imagine that the BBC will tow the Government line to marginalise 'ordinary' terror in preference to XRW (we don't have a State Broadcaster, per se), any more than any other news outlet would do this. XRW is newsworthy, simply becasue it is new(s) compared with Islamist attacks, for example. Number of MPs killed by Muslim extremists? Number of MPs killed by XRW? Numbwe of Police or Soldiers arrested/dismissed/prosecuted for membership of proscribed Jihadist organisations vs XRW proscribed groups?

Having said that, last Sunday there one one loopy, lone WLM protestor in Trafalgar Square (he was wrapped in the union flag, and casually, without thinking, wiped his nose on it). There were probably 20 police forming two lines facing him, whilst on the base on the Column, there was a group of teenaged BAME people hurling abuse at the police and at him. A 'Police Liaison Officer' was talking to the ground on the base of the column, trying to calm them down. Unsuccesfully.

I can't imagine that the BBC will tow the Government line to marginalise 'ordinary' terror in preference to XRW (we don't have a State Broadcaster, per se), any more than any other news outlet would do this. XRW is newsworthy, simply becasue it is new(s) compared with Islamist attacks, for example. Number of MPs killed by Muslim extremists? Number of MPs killed by XRW? Numbwe of Police or Soldiers arrested/dismissed/prosecuted for membership of proscribed Jihadist organisations vs XRW proscribed groups?

Having said that, last Sunday there one one loopy, lone WLM protestor in Trafalgar Square (he was wrapped in the union flag, and casually, without thinking, wiped his nose on it). There were probably 20 police forming two lines facing him, whilst on the base on the Column, there was a group of teenaged BAME people hurling abuse at the police and at him. A 'Police Liaison Officer' was talking to the ground on the base of the column, trying to calm them down. Unsuccesfully.
That's interesting. You make a good point about the media not necessarily being prepared to follow HMG's agenda.

In terms of numbers, MI5 is meant to regard 43,000 persons as posing an active potential terror risk. 4,000 are XRW, the rest Jihadists.

There's an interesting article here from DW about how terrorists might have exploited the lockdown to gain recruits, for planning, etc:

I would hope that efforts to be seen to be even-handed with CT work are not undermining monitoring of serious Jihadis. I have however zero info that that's happening - it is just my impression from, inter alia, the focus given by the MSM to that Met officer being a former member of an XRW group.

it is just my impression from, inter alia, the focus given by the MSM to that Met officer being a former member of an XRW group.
That's becasue it is relatively novel.

The Security Service also still has to focus on Republican and Loyalist terror groups in Northern Ireland. They've not gone away, you know?

That's becasue it is relatively novel.

The Security Service also still has to focus on Republican and Loyalist terror groups in Northern Ireland. They've not gone away, you know?
I don't think that's entirely it, though it is part of it (poorly phrased on my part).

In case you or others are interested, please see link below to Commission on Countering Extremism report on how extremists of all sorts have sought to exploit Covid:

I don't think that's entirely it, though it is part of it (poorly phrased on my part).

In case you or others are interested, please see link below to Commission on Counter Terror report on how extremists of all sorts have sought to exploit Covid:

Thanks for that link...I've not seen this.

A trial for a killing a couple of years ago,

Dodged the holocaust to get stabbed up years later by someone shouting Allah Akbar.
One of the accused did time for being a nonce.

ex_colonial

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hmm... and yet another stabbing, this time in Norway .
snip "Norwegian police say three women were stabbed, one of them fatally, in a city in the south of the country late Tuesday."
Interestingly this is the only report to add this informative snippet on the perpetrators identity
snip "the assailant — a 31-year-old Norwegian citizen of foreign origin, Police said the man had previously been charged — but not convicted — with violent behaviour".
So yet another enricher repays Europe's hospitality in what seems to be a common manner !

snip "Norwegian police say three women were stabbed, one of them fatally, in a city in the south of the country late Tuesday."
Interestingly this is the only report to add this informative snippet on the perpetrators identity
snip "the assailant — a 31-year-old Norwegian citizen of foreign origin, Police said the man had previously been charged — but not convicted — with violent behaviour".
So yet another enricher repays Europe's hospitality in what seems to be a common manner !
No indication it was a terror attack, though. He was in a relationship with one of the women he attacked(not the one who died). This really could be a case of, "mental illness" with no outside influences.

A stabbing in Brighton this time (not considered terror related)

and not the kind of "Brighton stabbing" that @jarrod248 likes to give

So why post it in the 'Terror Attacks in Europe'thread?

cos someone will consider it to be terror related even if the perpetrator wrote a long confession before the incident explaining the motive, and they'll post it here anyway
cos I couldn't find the another stabbing related thread even though I'm sure there is one (or several)

Seen in the Manchester Evening News:

I've not seen any other coverage of this; I suspect that reporting restrictions may have been in place.

Also, a stabbing attack in a Methodist Church in Manchester by someone with MH issues:

Seen in the Manchester Evening News:

I've not seen any other coverage of this; I suspect that reporting restrictions may have been in place.

Also, a stabbing attack in a Methodist Church in Manchester by someone with MH issues:

Mental health issues, so was she a recent snackbar convert?

European reaction to the excesses of the new citizens/arrivals is lenient and welcoming. You know how that's regarded in the parts of the world where they originate. You've lived there and been involved.

Not applying sanction for poor behaviour from day one only leads to future problems.

ex_colonial

On ROPS
On ROPs
European reaction to the excesses of the new citizens/arrivals is lenient and welcoming. You know how that's regarded in the parts of the world where they originate. You've lived there and been involved.

Not applying sanction for poor behaviour from day one only leads to future problems.

True, welcome to the new "woke" Europe, where to be white is becoming a badge of shame & being BAME can allow you to get away, sometimes literally, with almost any crime, which if committed by a white would get one a lengthy spell in prison, the latest farce is the ongoing & increasingly sinister BLM movement. Hundreds of anti-racism protesters march through Brixton
snip Among the groups of people marching were one group, dressed in black and equipped with what appeared to be anti-stab vests. One protester was wearing a balaclava, while another, angrily confronted police officers telling them to f*** off.
Sadly because of rops I cant post pictures of this uniformed rabble!
If a white group did that their feet wouldn't touch the ground before they were locked up.
The Police's response was typical of what we have come to expect .. "Deputy Assistant Commissioner Laurence Taylor in charge of the policing operation today said: 'The gatherings today have been largely peaceful and we thank our communities for working with us to ensure the voices of the community could be heard safely and done so responsibly to ensure the safety of all.'"
D
espite the huge mob ignoring numerous laws e.g. distancing, swearing at police, wearing para military uniforms etc. They will be doing what the IRA did in NI next and using more & more violence if it is not stopped!

Latest Threads