Terror Attacks in Europe

The morale disarming I have noticed is based on years after years of sermons I heard before I decided I had enough and left Church for good. All those "they are you brothers and you must make them feel welcome" speeches.

Also, hours of discussions with Army Padres on the threat migration causes to our society and answers by them that if I really thought that migrants were a threat then I could not claim to be a Christian.

Not to mention the constant and stupid sanctification of all forms of life leading to the uncontrolled demographics of the less developed.

So be it, I am not a Christian.

Below just two recent examples of calls by the Catholic Church to do "more and better" to welcome more migrants

Before any one else asks, could you please supply me with a link to the Catholic Church's moral disarming?., Not that I doubt you but as with every worthwhile post on the site, a reference tends to stifle flailing replies from those who prefer to substitute feelings for facts.
All Catholic Popes recently have played a massive part in promoting open borders and welcoming Islam in to our societies.

I condemn them for it.

The morale disarming I have noticed is based on years after years of sermons I heard before I decided I had enough and left Church for good. All those "they are you brothers and you must make them feel welcome" speeches.

Also, hours of discussions with Army Padres on the threat migration pauses to our society and answers by them that if I really thought that migrants were a threat then I could not claim to be a Christian.

Not to mention the constant and stupid sanctification of all forms of life leading to the uncontrolled demographics of the less developed.

So be it, I am not a Christian.

Below just two recent examples of calls by the Catholic Church to do "more and better" to welcome more migrants

Thanks for taking the time to reply and supply links. Organised religions are very similar to political parties in how they condition their clergy. I too have turned my back on organised religion.

Because its hard to spot the Tossers amongst the vast majority of decent folk and taking action against people on the grounds you think they may be a tosser has proven unsound.

Ive noticed recently the IRA** are causing more trouble, perhaps we should round up paddies and send them back to Ireland on general principles after all why do we allow these nationalist scum bags into our societies.

**Or whatever the latest group is called
Most of "the IRA**... causing more trouble" are born and bred in the UK - yes - send them all back, to the UK :rolleyes:

All Catholic Popes recently have played a massive part in promoting open borders and welcoming Islam in to our societies.

I condemn them for it.
Yeah, those bloody Papist undermining English society: oh, wait ...

'Both Pope Francis and the Archbishop of Canterbury, as well as church leaders in Ireland, have appealed for solidarity with migrants and refugees, while the Council for Immigrants of the Irish Bishops’ Conference has released a parish resource pack to tie in with the themes raised by this day.

'In his message for the new year, the head of the Church of England, Archbishop Justin Welby, spoke of refugees as “a blessing to our way of life. Living well together despite our differences, offering hospitality to the stranger and those in exile, with unshakable hope for the future – these are the gifts, the commands and the promises of Jesus Christ,” he added.'

Yeah, those bloody Papist undermining English society: oh, wait ...

'Both Pope Francis and the Archbishop of Canterbury, as well as church leaders in Ireland, have appealed for solidarity with migrants and refugees, while the Council for Immigrants of the Irish Bishops’ Conference has released a parish resource pack to tie in with the themes raised by this day.

'In his message for the new year, the head of the Church of England, Archbishop Justin Welby, spoke of refugees as “a blessing to our way of life. Living well together despite our differences, offering hospitality to the stranger and those in exile, with unshakable hope for the future – these are the gifts, the commands and the promises of Jesus Christ,” he added.'

Exactly! It's a Christian thing not explicit to Catholics - Welby and his predecessor Rowan Williams were instrumental in shooting down any criticism of migration and open borders - sending everyone who didn't welcome them with open arms on a guilt trip.

I only specified the Pope in response to the OP highlighting 'the Catholic Church's moral disarming'.

Most of "the IRA**... causing more trouble" are born and bred in the UK - yes - send them all back, to the UK :rolleyes:
Same applies to Muslims

Although I did rather clearly say send them back to Ireland not where they came from - you're not so hard of thinking hat you didn't understand I was referring to deport anyone if irish descent in great Britain back to the Island of Ireland, so you were simply trying to be smart and avoid confronting the point.

Im not sure why anyone is surprised that the church takes the humanitarian position of welcoming all in need (refugees) with open arms.

That the term refugees has been politicised and expanded to encompass economic migrants is another issue.

Same applies to Muslims

Although I did rather clearly say send them back to Ireland not where they came from - you're not so hard of thinking hat you didn't understand I was referring to deport anyone if irish descent in great Britain back to the Island of Ireland, so you were simply trying to be smart and avoid confronting the point.
However - you are not comparing like for like are you?

The attacks by Islamists are carried out by those who believe in Islam, i.e. Muslims. All Muslims believe in Islam, if they don't then they are not Muslims.

All Islamists are Muslims

Therefore Islam and those who believe in it are the threat.

The attacks by '***IRA' are carried out by those who believe in a United Ireland, i.e. Republicans. All Republicans believe in a United Ireland, if they don't they are not Republicans.

All Irish are not Republicans.

Therefore Republicanism and those who believe in it are the threat.

Why would we deport anyone Irish if they do not believe in Republicanism? So you were simply trying to be smart and avoid confronting the difference between the 2.

Most Irish detest Republicanism, however I doubt there are any Muslims that detest Islam - there is your difference.

Last edited:

Dredd

LE
All Irish are not Republicans.
All Muslims are not radicalised. It's the radicalised ones that are the threat.

It may not be like-for-like in terms of scale but it is in terms of psychology.

The point you are missing (deliberately) is that there is a small but dangerous minority that is being used by others to demonise the whole and misusing the security aspect to frighten people into shunning and despising an entire group because of the deeds of a few.

It must be deliberate, because otherwise you would be impervious to the irony of your argument.

Which was pretty much the point. Well done. Here's a biscuit.

View attachment 463154
Most Irish detest Republicanism, however I doubt there are any Muslims that detest Islam - there is your difference.

You are confusing and comparing Irish who believe in Republicanism, with Muslims who believe in Islam.

All Irish do not believe in Republicanism. All Muslims do believe in Islam.

People have been murdered and maimed in our society in the name of Republicanism, and in the name of Islam - anyone who supports and believes in either is a threat to our society.

Dredd

LE
And . . . all Irish who believe in Republicanism are terrorists too?

So . . . all Muslims are terrorists then?
Of course not, why would anyone ever think that?

And . . . all Irish who believe in Republicanism are terrorists too?
Of course not, why would anyone ever think that? Although I consider them with the same contempt, and I am proud to have served Queen and Country in defeating them for much of my life.

A not insignificant number of whom are radicalised whilst living in the UK (not unlike the supporters of a certain nationalist group).

A problem to some degree of our own making - not as the left and other apologists would say because we invaded Iraq on 2003 ( conveniently ignoring events on 2001) but because prior to 2001 since it was being exported to the middle East as pert of their internecine squabbles we ignored this issue safe in the knowledge it wouldn't come back and bite us.

Blairs Multiculturalism hurling racist at anyone who dared question this simply emboldened the bigots** and gave them a shield to hide behind

**And yes perhaps ironically that then expanded to bigots of all kinds

Dredd

LE

Are all Republicans terrorists? Nope, although I consider them with equal contempt.
Therefore Republicanism and those who believe in it are the threat.
Oh, I don't know. Where would I get that idea from?

By the way, you may be able to get your brushes, tar and feathers at knockdown prices these days. And possibly rope as well.

Make sure that as well the victim, you aren't gathering in groups of 3 or more.

Are all Republicans terrorists? Nope, although I consider them with equal contempt.
Why - I take no issue with someone who would like a united Ireland - with the exception of those who sanction violence to do so and those whose reason is simply anti English bigotry - particularly those who do so whilst living on the UK benefits system and whining about something the English did or didn't do up to 500 years ago and how shit the country is compared to the DDR.

It may not be like-for-like in terms of scale but it is in terms of psychology.

The point you are missing (deliberately) is that there is a small but dangerous minority that is being used by others to demonise the whole and misusing the security aspect to frighten people into shunning and despising an entire group because of the deeds of a few.

It must be deliberate, because otherwise you would be impervious to the irony of your argument.
Small, few, etc... give me a percentage.

Because its hard to spot the Tossers amongst the vast majority of decent folk and taking action against people on the grounds you think they may be a tosser has proven unsound.

Ive noticed recently the IRA** are causing more trouble, perhaps we should round up paddies and send them back to Ireland on general principles after all why do we allow these nationalist scum bags into our societies.

**Or whatever the latest group is called
We are not obligated to re-home the 3rd world though. Of course it is true that there are a mix of good ones and bad ones but we don't need or want any of them and so I do not see the need to risk it in the first place. It is beyond reasonable doubt that these are majority economic migrants and not refugees. Even if they were refugee's then they have no right to pass through several other safe countries to come to the UK.

There is simply no argument,moral or legal, to continue to allow the re-homing of several hundred thousand third world muslims every year.

Latest Threads