Terror Attacks in Europe in 2019

I think we are quibbling over definitions of "journalist/ism." Some members of the "media" in contrast to my view of "journalism," have been caught out enough in recent years with outright falsehoods that have in some instances been shown to have been intentional, others through abject negligence to the point, IMHO they lose their claim to being "journalists."

This is a fair summary of my expectations for a "journalist." We can disagree of course, but I believe a great many in the media calling themselves "journalists" honor these principles more in the breach than in practice.

You might find the following interesting. It's an interview with two Canadian journalism professors who talk about the problems in modern journalism and why they think things are the way they are. It's a Canadian show, but the points they raise will still be relevant to you, and they do make some passing mention of the American media. If you don't want to watch the full 25 minutes the part which would probably be of the most interest to you is between 3:45 and 13:00. I would suggest that you give it some serious attention as they both have extensive background and experience working in the media and have a good idea as to where things have gone wrong, even if they don't have any good solutions. If you want to see the full argument developed then you need to watch the whole thing, but they get to what I think are the most important issues in the 10 minute slot that I pointed out above.

You might find the following interesting. It's an interview with two Canadian journalism professors who talk about the problems in modern journalism and why they think things are the way they are. It's a Canadian show, but the points they raise will still be relevant to you, and they do make some passing mention of the American media. If you don't want to watch the full 25 minutes the part which would probably be of the most interest to you is between 3:45 and 13:00. I would suggest that you give it some serious attention as they both have extensive background and experience working in the media and have a good idea as to where things have gone wrong, even if they don't have any good solutions. If you want to see the full argument developed then you need to watch the whole thing, but they get to what I think are the most important issues in the 10 minute slot that I pointed out above.
Many thanks. I think the phenomenon is not limited to the US "media" but ours has certainly taken it and run with it.

Well I see the press now stating the Manchester attacker is being held on the basis of having ‘mental health problems’..........

we all know what that means

Well I see the press now stating the Manchester attacker is being held on the basis of having ‘mental health problems’..........

That he might be mental?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

That he isn't a sane rational person, because after all, going around stabbing innocent people is what all sane rational people do!

That he isn't a sane rational person, because after all, going around stabbing innocent people is what all sane rational people do!
Strangely feral youths and county lines runners stabbing each other don't seem to be declared as having mental health problems with such regularity

But then religion isn't usually the root cause

Strangely feral youths and county lines runners stabbing each other don't seem to be declared as having mental health problems with such regularity

But then religion isn't usually the root cause
Nor do the chaps who end up at The Hague. It is a useful defence. I don't think the Hague, or Nuremberg, would have allowed it as a commonly - used defence.

Planting bombs and shooting people isn't what sane rational people do either but you never saw many people claiming the IRA suffered from mental health problems.

My bold I refer m'learned friend to my post 947!

Following the attack on the synagogue in Halle, there have been short TV interviews of members of the Jewish community, which is only about 120,000. One woman stated that she is now even more frigthened and that a Jew can no longer afford to be recognised as such in public. While I can appreciate that the Jews in Germany must feel like they are in a siege situation, I find it lamentable that they feel they have to disguise their identity. This situation is however not confined to Germany, in a previous post I mentioned the French woman who then lived in Paris, who told her children never to speak Hebrew in public and not to mention each others names. She has since moved to Israel where she feels a lot safer. If this situation continues or heaven forbid gets worse, then the right wing scum bags will have won. Something that we just cannot afford.

Following the attack on the synagogue in Halle, there have been short TV interviews of members of the Jewish community, which is only about 120,000. One woman stated that she is now even more frigthened and that a Jew can no longer afford to be recognised as such in public. While I can appreciate that the Jews in Germany must feel like they are in a siege situation, I find it lamentable that they feel they have to disguise their identity. This situation is however not confined to Germany, in a previous post I mentioned the French woman who then lived in Paris, who told her children never to speak Hebrew in public and not to mention each others names. She has since moved to Israel where she feels a lot safer. If this situation continues or heaven forbid gets worse, then the right wing scum bags will have won. Something that we just cannot afford.
Why? Most people dont give a shit.

Indeed, seems to be those of the left wing who seem to be the threat.
Left or right, few people outside of the Jewish community care.

Latest Threads