Terror Attacks in Europe in 2019

With respect, I believe you will find the JDL started due to rampant crime (not focused on jews per se) in New York City and the "anti-semitism" slant developed along the way.
Thanks JJH - I wasn't aware of that.

Its what Merkel asked for - and received, by the grace of God.
It's what she knew would happen - and so it has transpired, by the grace of God. Hope her mental state doesnt deteriorate too quickly - I'd hate her to be deprived of the pleasure of seeing her policies come to fruition.
You seem to be assuming this is an attack by an immigrant?
I've not seen a report saying it was.
If I've missed it, fair enough.

Not assuming anything. Unnecessary and poor quality imports, however, are bound to upset the domestic market.

Unlikely to be immigrant given the targets.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Neo Nazi.
There's nutters of that ilk who believe the Jews to be behind mass immigration.
You couldn't make it up.

Some shots of one of the attackers. No idea what the weapon is though it seems from the video to be single shot. The chap appears to have a low slung shotgun cartridge belt about his hips, in the top image.

halle-taeter.jpg

halle-taeter-von-vorne.jpg

Interesting stuff here from a (Google translated) Süddeutsche Zeitung article:

'After the fatal shots in Halle an der Saale, there are new insights: As NDR, WDR and Süddeutsche Zeitung learned from security circles, is the perpetrator Stephan B. and is a German citizen. He apparently made a video of the act and uploaded this on the Internet at the live streaming service Twitch. Shortly after the upload, Twitch deleted the recording, but copies are circulating in the network. The video is now available to the investigating authorities. According to security sources, the procedure recalls the perpetrator's action in Christchurch, New Zealand - but he streamed his act live.

The video is also available for the Süddeutsche Zeitung . The act takes almost 36 minutes and reveals the ideology of the perpetrator: It is a right-wing terrorist. Right at the beginning, the bald young man denies the Holocaust, beats feminism and refugees, and calls Jews "the cause of all problems."

The rest of the video shows the two attacks on synagogue and doner shop. The perpetrator mounted the camera on his head and filmed his murders from the first person perspective. In the synagogue, a wooden entrance door stops him, he curses and shoots a woman close up. In the kebab shop fail his apparently self-made weapons, he has to reload several times and go back to his car.

Later, he fires shots at a police car, breaking his gear. "I've definitely proven how worthless improvised weapons are," the terrorist says before fleeing in his car. In the end, he says in an audible frustrated voice, "All weapons have failed, man."

Federal Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said that according to estimates by the Federal Public Prosecutor there was "sufficient evidence for a possible right-wing extremist background" in the assailant of Halle. One must also assume that it is "an anti-Semitic attack."

Ten Americans in the synagogue
Because the perpetrator did not get the door to the synagogue, the Jewish community may have escaped disaster. Inside, 70 to 80 people celebrated the highest Jewish holiday in Yom Kippur at the time. "Yom Kippur is a black day today," said the Federal Minister of the Interior. According to information from security circles, the perpetrator filed home-made explosive devices in front of the church. Apparently, no member of the Jewish community was killed.

According to US Ambassador Richard Grenell, there were also ten Americans in the synagogue at the time of the fatal shootings. "Everyone is safe and unhurt," Grenell wrote on Twitter.'

I can't see the Jewish population putting up with it for long, for obvious reasons.
Anyone in Germany know how many Jewish have left in the past say four years?

WALT

War Hero
Later, he fires shots at a police car, breaking his gear. "I've definitely proven how worthless improvised weapons are," the terrorist says before fleeing in his car. In the end, he says in an audible frustrated voice, "All weapons have failed, man."
Interesting. As a foreigner I had to jump through a few hoops to get a firearms licence here in Germany, but it wasn't that difficult and I succeeded. To not qualify one would have to be seen as incredibly dubious (ie. a mentalist). The only reason that I can see a German citizen not qualifying and having to use improvised firearms would be to be a complete mentalist, or holding a criminal conviction.
He must have been known to the authorities.

It was a neo-Nazi and a pretty useless one at that. The woman he killed was just walking down the street minding her own business. He shot her again and managed to blow out one of his car tires. His weapons looked home made and misfired over and over again thankfully and he kept dropping his magazines.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Phillip Luty? I know that name from somewhere.
Eccentric british weapons designer, published a book on homemade firearms in the 1980s, caused a right stink at the time, still in print, and available at a Waterstones near you (but not for much longer I reckon)

Eccentric british weapons designer, published a book on homemade firearms in the 1980s, caused a right stink at the time, still in print, and available at a Waterstones near you (but not for much longer I reckon)

Really surprised it is in print in the UK. I believe you but I assumed it was long pulled from sale.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Really surprised it is in print in the UK. I believe you but I assumed it was long pulled from sale.
I'd get it from Waterstones mate, £16.99. it's going for nearly a grand on Amazon

Latest Threads