Terror Attacks in Europe in 2019

I am, fwiw, in agreement with @RoyalGreenJacket. Media coverage is showing double standards. The first thing the BBC report mentions is the mental illness. You have to get some way into their report before the seeming Jihad link to the attack is mentioned. It does not stand comparison to the way the BBC shouted out about the mosque attacker being White.
I think you'll find the BBC is quoting the Australian news media and the police in regards to "known mental health".
He also had a USB drive with white extremist data on it. Bystanders are confused on whether or not he shouted Allahu Akhabar with some saying he did but didn't seem to be able to pronounce the words properly.
police later said the man also had in his possession a thumbnail USB drive containing information related to white supremacy.
Asked by a reporter whether the conflicting religious references suggested to him a mental health problem at the root of the crime, New South Wales Police Commissioner Michael Fuller said, "certainly all the evidence points to that" at this stage of the investigation.

Of course, some will say only the true martyrs of Islam actually know those words despite the fact the press (and those on here) have mentioned them many (many) times. Perhaps some lost tribe in the Amazon may not have heard the words before but pretty sure most others actually have.

It's a suicide by cop scenario regardless of the Crusaders early morning shouty bit.

I am, fwiw, in agreement with @RoyalGreenJacket. Media coverage is showing double standards. The first thing the BBC report mentions is the mental illness. You have to get some way into their report before the seeming Jihad link to the attack is mentioned. It does not stand comparison to the way the BBC shouted out about the mosque attacker being White.
Exactly - both are similar 'lone wolf' attacks - both attackers shouted extremist views during the attack, both appear to have murdered prior to their main attack.

The MSM seem to have written off the Australian attack as a 'Mental Health' issue, whilst the "Norway Mosque Shooter" is very much a "Right-Wing terrorist" who just happened to murder his sister earlier, but is obviously of sound mind :rolleyes:

Strange how those with 'Mental Health issues' who kill in the name of religion - almost always choose Islam as their default religion.

How convenient.

Of course, some will say only the true martyrs of Islam actually know those words despite the fact the press (and those on here) have mentioned them many (many) times. Perhaps some lost tribe in the Amazon may not have heard the words before but pretty sure most others actually have.
It's spreading like wildfire, even our feline population aren't immune

Can't really comment on what the UK news bias is as I haven't seen much on the Norway attack.

The newspapers here are all saying the guy in Sydney was shouting "Alans Snackbar" and "Shoot Me" and say he has ideologies related to terrorism. They aren't really downplaying anything.

What little I can see on the Norway attack from Aus sources just say the suspect had far-right views.

The two BBC articles I've read online about both incidents seem fairly informative and do show the similiarites between both incidents that RGJ was talking about (although the Norway one doesn't say a thing about mental illness. Maybe the guy was never diagnosed or simply wasn't mentally ill?). It also says he was wearing body armour and a helmet which furthers my belief that was premeditated. The BBC report on the Sydney incident has the same info as most of the Aussie newspapers.

So you still reckon the attack in Australia where the stabber was shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "Shoot-Me" has absolutely nothing to do with Islamic Martyrdom?

It's just an unfortunate sequence of words?

Then surely you must agree the attack in Norway has nothing to do with 'right-wing terror'?

You are contradicting yourself just because the Norway attacker had to 'plan' to get a weapon - he planned his attack so well - there were only 3 people in attendance at his target and he was overpowered by a pensioner.

Both were terror attacks, both motivated by their respective deplorable ideology.
Jeez feck B_B, I have you on ignore, and still you get through the firewall with an 'old'.
Fair play, ye are some operator.
B t w, Royal Green Jacket effectively says a plague on the house of both the crazy Muzzy in Sydney, and the fu.ked up idiot in Norway - yet you still find something to disagree with him about.
Some operator alright....

Agreed

Neither of us have all the facts.

Jim Jones killed a lot of people while telling them that CIA and FBI were parachuting in to kill their babies. Does that mean that the CIA and FBI were behind those suicides and should be held accountable?
Wow, you are seriously trying to make that stretch.
Fail !

It was once a respectable and readable newspaper - albeit 35 years ago, when I was a green undergraduate.
Now it is a joke, populated by mentally disturbed people like Toytown Toynbee, Horrid Hyde, wee Joker Jones, and Mad Monbiot
I used to read it myself back in the day. The 'news' parts then were pretty decent. Now, the line between news and opinion is too blurred.

police later said the man also had in his possession a thumbnail USB drive containing information related to white supremacy.
That was good of him. Nice to see the police not prejudicing any possible prosecution by hastily examining evidence and releasing their conjecture in a statement.

Good job there wasn't a live ransomware virus on the handy drive.

Bystanders are confused on whether or not he shouted Allahu Akhabar with some saying he did but didn't seem to be able to pronounce the words properly.
He is clearly and most definitely advertising Alan's Snackbar - fact.

Now why is it that people who murder and maim in the name of a Religion and are deemed to have 'mental health issues' arguably almost always refer to Islam? Why is that?

You don't ever hear them citing Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, or any other religion's words of worship, only Islamic.

Surely I'd have thought that the Religion of Peace would be the last religion to be included in such murder and mayhem, yet it always seems to be front and centre in any attack inspired by a Religion, or Mental Health issues. What is the correlation between the 2?

Perhaps Mental Health issues are offered as an excuse, because it would be very unusual to have high concentrations of people from one Religion in particular all with Mental Health issues leading them to try to murder and maim in the name of their religion.

If Mental Health issues are genuine in such violent incidents - then why is it so prevalent among Muslims and not those of other Religions?

No people from any other Religion do this on a scale anywhere near those who subscribe to Islam.

Strange that.

Nothing to do with Islam of course :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No; one shouted "Allahu Akhbar.

Good G*d man, you're ooops, there I go again, showing my religious zealotry.
One did but it was more of a lisp, caused by a cleft palate possibly earned through many centuries of in-breeding. Keeping it in the family isn't always a good thing, peace be upon her.

Agreed, irrelevant of the background of attacker(s), accounts of attacks should give equal consideration to MH potential and other motivations.
If Mental Health is an issue in these attacks - then the fact that almost all of such attacks which refer to any religion nearly all refer to Islam cannot be dismissed.

Yes it's fine saying "the attacker had mental health issues", and maybe he had - but it can't be parked up there.

Why are attacks carried out in the name of any Religion by people deemed / proven to have Mental Health issues almost exclusively the domain of those who subscribe to Islam?

There is clearly something about Islam that brings out the worst in people - many have cited examples of violence and cruelty in the Koran - perhaps these individuals with Mental Health issues are just taking Islam in it's true and purest form, whereas fortunately most Muslims the world over have moved on and do not take it so literally?

Yes there are instances of violence in other Religions, like in the Bible it says "kill the first-born Egyptians" or words to that effect - yet no Christians are actually killing the first-born Egyptians.

The fact that so many peole are murdered and maimed in the name of Islam is one of the reasons I hate the religion so much, and I would be genuinely interested if anyone can provide any light on why when these attacks inspired by Religion occur, particularly when the attacker is deemed to have Mental Health issues - why is it arguably always Muslims or supporters of Islam??

Time to face the facts, and the Left need to stop pulling the Race-Card or calling others Bigots for challenging the actual situation we face with Islam in our society, because meantime people are continually being murdered and maimed in the name of Islam, regardless of the attackers state of Mental Health.

Last edited:
Not taking the pee here: but could the incidence of MH issues in predominantly Muslim communities have something to do with the cousin-marrying thing? ISTR a report here in the UK about somrthing along those lines.

I know Queen's University did a study a while back on consanguinity of parents in NI, and found significantly higher levels of MH issues in the offspring.

Not taking the pee here: but could the incidence of MH issues in predominantly Muslim communities have something to do with the cousin-marrying thing? ISTR a report here in the UK about somrthing along those lines.

I know Queen's University did a study a while back on consanguinity of parents in NI, and found significantly higher levels of MH issues in the offspring.
Unlikely, as many attackers are recent converts to Islam, such as this attacker in Sydney - despite previously having MH issues, their behaviour only seems to deteriorate to committing murder and mayhem after they have converted to Islam.

This is the part that can't be ignored and means MH alone cannot be used as a reason for these attacks.

Islam is playing a very big part in people getting hurt compared to any other religion, regardless of the attackers state of Mental Health, and it is something BravoBravo and others try disingenuously bat off with false allegations of Racism and Bigotry against those of us who challenge Islam for the part it plays in some of the most heinous crimes in our society.

Latest Threads